The Obvious: Leslie Frazier Needs to Go - Who replaces him?

Nick

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I would agree with that one no question, by the way I do not believe Keenan McCardell could be a OC.  He is a WR coach first and foremost, not sure he is a play caller type at all.

Still they have no physical RB on the roster and clearly need to get one.  There are a lot of options out there in the draft ranging from mid to late round draft picks.  

Bijan Robinson Texas JR
Mohamed Ibrahim Minnesota RS
Zach Charbonnet UCLA
DeWayne McBride UAB JR
Chase Brown Illinois RS JR
Kendre Miller TCU JR
Israel Abanikanda Pitt JR
Tank Bigsby Auburn JR
Tavion Thomas Utah RS JR
Evan Hull Northwestern RS JR
Christopher Brooks BYU RS
Chris Rodriquez Kentucky RS
Isaiah Bowser UCF RS
Tiyon Evans Louisville JR
Camerun Peoples App State RS

The last five guys potentially are UDFA types as well, and Brooks is a tan, Rodriquez is super aggressive and Bowser is a tank as well.  Bigsby could be a sleeper no question, same with McBride who is a load.  

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I would agree with that one no question, by the way I do not believe Keenan McCardell could be a OC.  He is a WR coach first and foremost, not sure he is a play caller type at all.

Still they have no physical RB on the roster and clearly need to get one.  There are a lot of options out there in the draft ranging from mid to late round draft picks.  

Bijan Robinson Texas JR
Zach Charbonnet UCLA
DeWayne McBride UAB JR
Kendre Miller TCU JR
Tank Bigsby Auburn JR
Tavion Thomas Utah RS JR
Isaiah Bowser UCF RS

The last five guys potentially are UDFA types as well, and Brooks is a tan, Rodriquez is super aggressive and Bowser is a tank as well.  Bigsby could be a sleeper no question, same with McBride who is a load.  

I agree we need a physical back, and have agreed for a while, but I almost accepted that McBeane does not want one. They tried to bring in Frank Gore, but he was a shell of himself. Then we tried with Zack Moss who was a power guy who could catch, and he was lost on the depth chart and then traded away.

This team does need a physical running presence not named Josh Allen, but in the 2021 NFL draft when we wanted to trade up for a RB and the consensus top 2 RBs were Ettiene and Harris, Ettiene was our target. Najee was a power back who reportedly was a high character guy. This to me speaks that McBeane just wants a WR type to play HB.

Edited by Maxmw22
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 5:17 PM, Ozzy said:

Bijan Robinson Texas JR
Zach Charbonnet UCLA
DeWayne McBride UAB JR
Kendre Miller TCU JR
Tank Bigsby Auburn JR
Tavion Thomas Utah RS JR
Isaiah Bowser UCF RS

Physical back or not, with the way this oline is we could have Henry or Taylor back there and still unable to move the ball. The oline is pure trash and there is no way that a rb in the draft could mask that. I would love to go and get one to match up with cook but the top priority this offseason is to go all in on interior lineman and revamp that oline. To many times were they getting pushed around and had zero abilities to create holes. 

Dorsey is also the major problem, I just wish he was gone and they bring in someone who has had experience at the coordinator position. Frank Reich would be my top choice as his biggest knock was never having a proper qb. Lack of talent or past their prime, give me him and an oline. Then get a physical rb and a physical #2 wr.

• Like 1

With Frank Reich taking the HC job with Panthers (sucks as I would have loved him as OC), would it be out of this realm that Wilks comes in to replace frazier as DC? He was coach with Mcd in Carolina years ago, perfect chance to maintain some resemblance of his defense but also bring a new mindset to the defense as he is more aggressive with his defense then the sit back mentality 

after watching the kc bengals game it is clear that Eric Washington has to go and so should Frazier. Just cant fathom to think that after 3 playoff runs like they have had end up being squandered due to bad coaching. I can accept dorsey as he is young and going in to a 2nd year as OC but Frazier has been the DC since 2017 and having to lose to KC twice then the bengals in post season should be enough to go a different route and start with someone new. Maybe as fans we can over react on things but you have to think McD's seat is warming up and by keeping Frazier it is only going to grow and be said that he is unable to cut ties with his guys. Its a tough decision but the right move if your looking to keep your job. I may get bashed because McD has done so much for the organization clearing the drought and has been consistent making the playoffs but at some point you have to say this team is more than capable of making a superbowl and if coaching is holding it back then its time to take the risk and move on. Look at Eagles they completely revamped the coaching staff and changed the scheme and qb of the team and made it back to the superbowl 6 years after they won it. Roseman made the difficult decisions and worked out in their favor. Could be a huge flop the other way but at some point you have to make those tough decisions and hope it works out for the best. I am not saying McD has to go now Im saying if he doesnt make coaching changes he could be out sooner rather then later because of it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 10:19 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Big question is are we changing coordinators but sticking with the same scheme (4-3 in principal) or moving to a 3-4? I don't think we have the bodies for the latter. So for me Fangio and Flores would be a no go.

I would assume if Frazier goes it is an internal hire like Bobby Babich who got the most out of the safeties and than Edmunds and Milano this year as LB coach, or John Butler. 

Dorsey needs to go to. Zero creativity and the offense regressed as the year went along and not just because of Allens elbow. Give me Frank Reich, Marcus Brady or if we're going for a proven position coach then Keenan McCardell or someone

I believe Rousseau, Basham and Daquan Jones could thrive as 3/4 DL but Ed Oliver doesnt fit whatsoever and we would open a massive hole at needing an Edge rusher so I'd rather keep a 4/3.