2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why wasn't their offense good last year without JMD if it's all Bill?

Because there is still a difference between someone who was an offensive coordinator and someone who was a defensive coordinator calling plays for the first time randomly? 

Any offense being called by a career DC would take a couple of steps backwards. That does not indicate that the previous OC was somehow irreplaceable or a genius. If McDaniels was a genius, why did he fail so hard in Denver and St Louis? Why does he seem in way over his head now? 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Because there is still a difference between someone who was an offensive coordinator and someone who was a defensive coordinator calling plays for the first time randomly? 

Any offense being called by a career DC would take a couple of steps backwards. That does not indicate that the previous OC was somehow irreplaceable or a genius. If McDaniels was a genius, why did he fail so hard in Denver and St Louis? Why does he seem in way over his head now? 

We tried to tell you last offseason. Josh does, at times, some things really well. He also leaves a ton to be desired, and has pretty poor in-game awareness. What he does as a coach + his perceived personality (IMO as Joe Schmo) is why he’s probably a career OC. 

Some (not you) said “top 5 offensive mind in football”, could only laugh.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Because of mediocre QB play, even give him average like Mac Jones and he's getting you a top 10 offense.

Then why, with an average QB like Mac Jones, were they the 15th ranked offense? Seems pretty average to me. Which makes sense- he's great when the GOAT pulls him along, and mediocre at best when he's not there to save him. 

Like plenty of us have said. 

Also, for the 9,462,859,246th time, we didn't hire Josh to be an OC, we hired him to be a HC, at which he's easily a bottom 7 if we're being extremely generous.

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

We tried to tell you last offseason. Josh does, at times, some things really well. He also leaves a ton to be desired, and has pretty poor in-game awareness. What he does as a coach + his perceived personality (IMO as Joe Schmo) is why he’s probably a career OC. 

Some (not you) said “top 5 offensive mind in football”, could only laugh.

Matt Gould will forever have a better personality than Josh McDaniels lol. 

Could probably coach better, too, of we're being honest. Dude caused an entire long term plan and production to flip entirely because he was such a leader. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Then why, with an average QB like Mac Jones, were they the 15th ranked offense? Seems pretty average to me. Which makes sense- he's great when the GOAT pulls him along, and mediocre at best when he's not there to save him. 

Like plenty of us have said. 

Also, for the 9,462,859,246th time, we didn't hire Josh to be an OC, we hired him to be a HC, at which he's easily a bottom 7 if we're being extremely generous

They were 6th in scoring offense young blood, I'd use that over yards gained personally.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They were 6th in scoring offense young blood, I'd use that over yards gained personally.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether McDaniels is worthwhile as an OC without being buoyed by great minds and defenses. 

Now, about being a HC, because that's what actually matters here. He's bottom 7 and hasn't shown the creativity to make an offense work with Lamar Jackson type QB with any sustainable success. 

All irrelevant though, because Lamar ain't coming to Vegas. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether McDaniels is worthwhile as an OC without being buoyed by great minds and defenses. 

Now, about being a HC, because that's what actually matters here. He's bottom 7 and hasn't shown the creativity to make an offense work with Lamar Jackson type QB with any sustainable success. 

He had a top 6 scoring offense with rookie Mac Jones and meh weapons, he's a good OC. 

I agree that he may not be a great head coach though, I think one of his biggest issues is that he's too focused on the offense and micromanaging things instead of taking a CEO type of role. But it's difficult because we had a super young and inexperienced OC.

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

How did that Tebow experiment with McDaniels work out again? 

I think a big issue with McDaniels, and other Pats Tree coaches, is they are actually incredibly talented coaches with a deep understanding of the game, but they lack social skills to communicate to a large segment of players. They demand accountability in their system, and can't communicate that in a human way so a lot of good fits just fail. It's hard to then implement this without the actual Bill in charge to give a bunch of rings as to why one should buy in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

NFL MVP Lamar Jackson and Tim Tebow are two peas in a pod...

Coming off an injury ridden season, absolutely will sink the Raiders cap and cost them at least 3 first round picks. All to go to an offense that when run by the same guy with the same type QB looked like steaming monkey poo. I think it’s a great idea. Absolutely nothing would go wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leoric said:

Coming off an injury ridden season, absolutely will sink the Raiders cap and cost them at least 3 first round picks. All to go to an offense that when run by the same guy with the same type QB looked like steaming monkey poo. I think it’s a great idea. Absolutely nothing would go wrong. 

In what world is Lamar Jackson similar to Tim Tebow? I think Lamar would play pretty well with Josh Jacobs, Davante Adams, Darren Waller, and Hunter Renfrow, that's just me though.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I think a big issue with McDaniels, and other Pats Tree coaches, is they are actually incredibly talented coaches with a deep understanding of the game, but they lack social skills to communicate to a large segment of players. They demand accountability in their system, and can't communicate that in a human way so a lot of good fits just fail. It's hard to then implement this without the actual Bill in charge to give a bunch of rings as to why one should buy in.

I don’t disagree with this. I think in a vacuum most of the Hoodie coaches could go on and find success. Lateral movements. It’s the expected Juno in responsibilities when in reality they need less responsibilities than they had in New England since everyone is so dialed into their jobs there. They lack the leadership to succeed elsewhere and only know the Hoodie way which only works when  there isn’t a weak link you have to constantly make up for. Add in that they seldom have developed coaching staffs having to compete with New England and the hoodie for hires and I think you have a better picture of why they have failed.

• Like 1