2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Where do you guys see DeAndre Hopkins ending up and what kind of compensation are we looking at for him in a trade?

The three teams that stand out to me are Chiefs, Giants, and Jaguars. DeAndre wants to go to a good team and has a no trade clause.

Ravens seem like a no given the uncertainty surrounding Lamar right now. Packers and Rodgers are a mystery to me as well.

Didn’t he lose his no trade clause once he got his PED suspension.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

Where do you guys see DeAndre Hopkins ending up and what kind of compensation are we looking at for him in a trade?

I honestly think Cleveland is going to part ways with something big to bring in Hopkins - someone like Denzel Ward or Nick Chubb, a guy who can cancel out the Hopkins contract while providing value to Arizona and keeping the higher value picks in Cleveland.

A pairing of Hopkins, Amari Cooper, David Njoku and a rotation at RB with D’Ernst Johnson and Demetric Felton is a formidable offense for Deshaun Watson to work in. Adding Will Fuller as WR3 would be a cherry on top.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

The three teams that stand out to me are Chiefs, Giants, and Jaguars. DeAndre wants to go to a good team and has a no trade clause.

Ravens seem like a no given the uncertainty surrounding Lamar right now. Packers and Rodgers are a mystery to me as well.

GB with Rodgers.. maybe Dallas

53 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I honestly think Cleveland is going to part ways with something big to bring in Hopkins - someone like Denzel Ward or Nick Chubb, a guy who can cancel out the Hopkins contract while providing value to Arizona and keeping the higher value picks in Cleveland.

A pairing of Hopkins, Amari Cooper, David Njoku and a rotation at RB with D’Ernst Johnson and Demetric Felton is a formidable offense for Deshaun Watson to work in. Adding Will Fuller as WR3 would be a cherry on top.

Ughhh that sounds disgusting. I wouldn’t trade more than a 4th for Hopkins. Our WR group is acceptable enough that we don’t need to make a panic move for an aged out WR making approximately 35x more than he’s worth. 

41 minutes ago, adamq said:

GB with Rodgers.. maybe Dallas

Dallas I don't see having the cap to make it work and probably wouldn't be willing to give up the assets. Green Bay I could see if Rodgers confirms hey he wants to stay and be happy there for 2+ years, but that's far from certain 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think Arizona is more likely to decline that trade receiving Chubb or Ward than Cleveland is receiving Hopkins. 

It’ll be for picks all the way, I believe.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

This would be a different conversation if this was Caleb Williams

I think Caleb Williams has a good bit of flaws most are overlooking or at least will witness next season.

I don’t believe he belongs even in the same galaxy as Trevor Lawrence. 

This is also probably unpopular, but I don’t think he’s even a better prospect than Bryce.

Edited by ClutchDJ
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

I think Caleb Williams has a good bit of flaws most are overlooking or at least will witness next season.

I don’t believe he belongs even in the same galaxy as Trevor Lawrence. 

This is also probably unpopular, but I don’t think he’s even a better prospect than Bryce.

Nail on the head.

21 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

That probably takes Cleveland off the board. They don’t have the ability to give up more picks.

19 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Yeah - think you’re on an island on this one.

I agree he’s not in the same realm as Trevor Lawrence as a player, but he fits the bill as far as QBs you pick with the #1 pick.

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That is going to be super unpopular. I like the heat you're bringing though.

He's right though.

Bryce young is probably the same height as Kyler Murray and about what 20 lbs lighter?

He's gonna get folded in half by one of those big d lineman at the NFL level

Just now, Danger said:

He's right though.

Bryce young is probably the same height as Kyler Murray and about what 20 lbs lighter?

He's gonna get folded in half by one of those big d lineman at the NFL level

He's saying Bryce Young is a better prospect than Caleb Williams though? And this is a con on Bryce Young that Caleb Williams doesn't have?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

I think Arizona is more likely to decline that trade receiving Chubb or Ward than Cleveland is receiving Hopkins. 

Wut why? Chubb is in his prime for 3-4 more years at least & is the best RB in the league.

Ward is a top 10 CB that is still crazy young. I would understand if it were for older guys, but those two are supreme talents in their mid 20’s.

But there’s a 0% chance the Browns trade those two away for Hopkins. That would be moronic beyond comprehension. That, and our GM hates old players/prospects. 

50 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He's saying Bryce Young is a better prospect than Caleb Williams though? And this is a con on Bryce Young that Caleb Williams doesn't have?

But you guys said it was an unpopular opinion. Don't get me wrong, I think Bryce Young has everything he needs aside from stature and physical strength. But that's a red flag to me.