2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

8 hours ago, chuck23790 said:

When they were trying for Watson last year there was talk of AJ Terrell being included. I'm just not sure the Falcons are in a position to give up the farm to bring in a QB who though is great on his day does struggle with injuries and the best part of his game isn't based around him getting the ball to the Falcons last two 1st round picks.

They were never going to part with AJ Terrell. That's part of why they dropped out of the Watson trade. They weren't going to pay what it took from Cleveland and they didn't want to guarantee any of his contract unconditionally. There was going to be a morality clause in the contract.

Edited by scar988

12 hours ago, scar988 said:

They were never going to part with AJ Terrell. That's part of why they dropped out of the Watson trade. They weren't going to pay what it took from Cleveland and they didn't want to guarantee any of his contract unconditionally. There was going to be a morality clause in the contract.

Though I agree that they likely wont part with AJ Terrell I do think they are going to be in on Lamar and with the large cap space they have this off season will be one of the sides most likely to pay the money.

out of interest what would you be happy with the Falcons to part with to get Lamar?

2 hours ago, chuck23790 said:

Though I agree that they likely wont part with AJ Terrell I do think they are going to be in on Lamar and with the large cap space they have this off season will be one of the sides most likely to pay the money.

out of interest what would you be happy with the Falcons to part with to get Lamar?

They won’t be in on Lamar. And they shouldn’t be in on Lamar. They need to build the team. 

Nothing more than pick #8 would be what I would give for Lamar. That’s all he’s worth to me. 

31 minutes ago, scar988 said:

They won’t be in on Lamar. And they shouldn’t be in on Lamar. They need to build the team. 

Nothing more than pick #8 would be what I would give for Lamar. That’s all he’s worth to me. 

Do you think they ride with Ridder and see what they have there next season? 

42 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

I think that's exactly what they do. Sign a veteran QB and roll with Ridder

I would agree. I doubt Ridder is the answer, but they aren't trying to win-now anyways. Even if Ridder is the answer, they aren't Super Bowl contenders.

I doubt they trade for Lamar. For that matter, I doubt the Ravens trade Lamar.

Lamar Jackson is more valuable to the Baltimore Ravens than he is to any other NFL team. Nobody will match the value that the Ravens are seeking & I think both sides are probably right.

1 hour ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

I think that's exactly what they do. Sign a veteran QB and roll with Ridder

That is demoralizing. I'd be pissed if I were a Falcons fan, we just invested 2 top-10 picks in talented pass catchers, and we go into another season without someone who can throw a football. At least make an effort to get a real QB. If you're waiting for your team to be perfect outside of QB before you try and get a QB, you're going to have a bad time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

That is demoralizing. I'd be pissed if I were a Falcons fan, we just invested 2 top-10 picks in talented pass catchers, and we go into another season without someone who can throw a football. At least make an effort to get a real QB. If you're waiting for your team to be perfect outside of QB before you try and get a QB, you're going to have a bad time.

Actually most Falcon fans prefer the Ridder starting next year scenario.  After watching him get better and better the last 4 games and knowing he has talent in general.  Alot of us like what he offers and wants to see what he looks like with a legit team built around him next season before giving up on him.  None of us are demoralized we mostly like Ridder so far he looked pretty good.   Trading for Jackson is the 1 thing i say 80% of us don't want to happen so it doesn't cripple the team from cap space and draft pick for the future with nothing to put around him and stay terrible.   To me the 1 scenario i could see somewhat descent is going after Carr since it costs no picks and he won't get 40+ a year so we can still have alot of cap space after grabbing him.  still doubt it happens and we go with Ridder but thats something i could see as a possibility to do.

• Like 1