2023 Free Agency

Pastor Dillon

21 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Who do these two have pics of???

I know they are STers... but they need to G-O

Phew. I was worried they would lose these two to other teams! Glad they'll continue to employ some of Easterby's finds in the new regime. 😅

I'm really disappointed they weren't able to sign any of the available centers. They all got pretty reasonable deals. I don't see why the Texans couldn't have matched or done better. Maybe because they all got more than 2 year deals and Caserio is allergic to those. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Welp

So it de-escalates?  11...9...7?  

It's like other teams are trolling us by offering 3 year deals... lol

Nick.. my man.. there are ways to structure 3 year (or more) contracts so you can walk after two.

That being said, we have a safety  who has been here 3 years too long..  WinTactualF

• Like 2

We are showing patience. Caserio knows that we aren’t going to be ready to compete next year, so instead of spending big, he’s adding pieces to help a young QB have a solid rookie season (2 WRs, Starting G) and he’s added a cheap veteran in the secondary to help set the tone for the D. He’s gonna build in the draft, leave cap options open for next year and put us through another 4-5 win season, and if all goes great maybe we hit 7. 

I won’t be surprised to see us trade down from 12 to pick up future draft capital. Next year we will again have extra picks. We have the browns 1st and 4th round draft picks. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We are showing patience. Caserio knows that we aren’t going to be ready to compete next year, so instead of spending big, he’s adding pieces to help a young QB have a solid rookie season (2 WRs, Starting G) and he’s added a cheap veteran in the secondary to help set the tone for the D. He’s gonna build in the draft, leave cap options open for next year and put us through another 4-5 win season, and if all goes great maybe we hit 7. 

I won’t be surprised to see us trade down from 12 to pick up future draft capital. Next year we will again have extra picks. We have the browns 1st and 4th round draft picks. 

I can appreciate patience... but sometimes kicking the can down the road is just that.

The AFC South is up for grabs... should be trying to compete now IMHO (says fan[atic]s everywhere)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I can appreciate patience... but sometimes kicking the can down the road is just that.

The AFC South is up for grabs... should be trying to compete now IMHO (says fan[atic]s everywhere)

A prime example of this is what the Jaguars just did. They had the worst record in the league in 2021, got a great coach, spent in the offseason and won the division last year.

Also, I don't think anyone expects Caserio to spend at the level the Jaguars spent last offseason. However, they have the cap space to make this team better than it has been over the past 2 years and there are a lot of mid-level free agents they seem to be passing on that would be good fits. I'm not saying go out and sign Hargrove or Edwards to a massive deal, but there is no reason why they couldn't give Bradbury 3 years/$18 million or Ebukam 3 years/$24 million. Those types of deals aren't breaking the bank or handicapping them in the future and it would allow them to fill out the roster with above-average talent and churn the bottom of the roster of the replacement-level players they've been rolling out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

A prime example of this is what the Jaguars just did. They had the worst record in the league in 2021, got a great coach, spent in the offseason and won the division last year.

Also, I don't think anyone expects Caserio to spend at the level the Jaguars spent last offseason. However, they have the cap space to make this team better than it has been over the past 2 years and there are a lot of mid-level free agents they seem to be passing on that would be good fits. I'm not saying go out and sign Hargrove or Edwards to a massive deal, but there is no reason why they couldn't give Bradbury 3 years/$18 million or Ebukam 3 years/$24 million. Those types of deals aren't breaking the bank or handicapping them in the future and it would allow them to fill out the roster with above-average talent and churn the bottom of the roster of the replacement-level players they've been rolling out.

This Guy Gets It Nick Offerman GIF - This Guy Gets It Nick Offerman -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1