2023 Free Agency

Pastor Dillon

33 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Best But Why GIFs | Gfycat

It’s possible that the OL coaching in Cincy was better suited for Scharping; The talent was there with him, but it was clear he was thinking too much and not being coached well.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It’s possible that the OL coaching in Cincy was better suited for Scharping; The talent was there with him, but it was clear he was thinking too much and not being coached well.

But he didn't perform well them for either... he gave up lots of pressure up the middle

PFF had him at 41.3 last season

3 sacks, 14 pressures in limited snaps

PASS

• Like 1

Just now, jch1911 said:

But he didn't perform well them for either... he gave up lots of pressure up the middle

PFF had him at 41.3 last season

3 sacks, 14 pressures in limited snaps

PASS

Ah, yeah… well, guess he’s cheap? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Pierce and Singletary could make for a nice 1-2 punch. 

I think he’d be a solid change of pace/3rd down guy. Assuming the price is right, this could be a low key big signing (and would take RB off the board with an early pick - no Robinson, Gibbs or Achane). Maybe there’s an opportunity to pick up a guy on day three (Deuce Vaughn, Chris Rodriguez) but the need to find an immediate RB2 is placated.

I haven’t really studied up outside the top 5 guys at RB, but Vaughn gets a lot of comparisons to Darren Sproles (maybe because he’s 5’ 5”). Rodriguez was the bell cow behind Will Levis at Kentucky, and produced at a respectable clip. 

26 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

A name to remember for FA: Michael Dieter. 

I remember him from his days at Wisconsin, thought he’d be a good IOL - don’t think it worked as well as I figured, but we’ll see where this goes.

9 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Feels like an overpay... 

Curious to see how much is guaranteed, but I'm ok with giving him $9 million for only one year. If it was a longer-term deal for $9 million APY, I would question it more.

Also, glad to see them get Singletary for 1 year $3.75million.

I like both of these signings, I'm glad to see Caserio isn't ignoring the offense like he did last year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

On a 1 year deal?  Thats a freaking steal.  Best TE we have had since Owen Daniels even though thats not saying much.

Love the Singletary signing as well.  Him and Pierce will be a nice 1-2 punch.

4 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Curious to see how much is guaranteed, but I'm ok with giving him $9 million for only one year. If it was a longer-term deal for $9 million APY, I would question it more.

Also, glad to see them get Singletary for 1 year $3.75million.

I like both of these signings, I'm glad to see Caserio isn't ignoring the offense like he did last year.

Yes... would like to see parameters of the deal 1st.

TE is just LOADED this year in the draft.