Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This replay official for the AAF is horrible lol

Yeah, I like that you can hear the discussion but the dude sucks at his job. I remember week 1, the ref was like, ”are you sure? Bc everyone down here thinks the guy didn't catch the ball, ” dude in the booth said ”can’t tell.” it obvhad hit the ground!

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I like that you can hear the discussion but the dude sucks at his job. I remember week 1, the ref was like, ”are you sure? Bc everyone down here thinks the guy didn't catch the ball, ” dude in the booth said ”can’t tell.” it obvhad hit the ground!

The one he did earlier where the guy dropped the ball a yard short of the end zone and he claimed he couldn’t tell was even worse. That guy has no business doing that job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The one he did earlier where the guy dropped the ball a yard short of the end zone and he claimed he couldn’t tell was even worse. That guy has no business doing that job. 

He’s always claiming he can’t tell and the refs are like... “Are you sure?” Lmao 😂 

On 3/24/2019 at 4:25 PM, lavar703 said:

If they pass the AAF “onside kickoff” rule in the NFL it will be the beginning of the end of actual NFL football. It’s an absurd and outrageously gimmicky play that has no business being in the league. You should not get a chance to run an offensive play as opposed to kicking the ball. It makes no sense whatsoever and you are rewarding a team in a way they have no business being rewarded. I hate this more than anything the NFL has entertained before. It’s just dumb. 

I disagree.

The onsides kick is such a weird idea. It has nothing to do with the game of football and is almost entirely dependent on the fact that the actual ball is shaped funny and bounces weird. If it weren't for the fact that it allows a team that is losing to maybe take back control, it would have been gone awhile ago. 

The "4th and 15" play, however, is standard football. Yes, it's a long shot, but at least it's a recognizable play. Do you really want some random special teamer's hands being the thing that determines whether the opponent gets the ball back? Or would you rather have your defense actually defend (... in the general sense ... with Manusky at DC, Washington would almost assuredly allow the try to succeed)?

I'm not sure why the NFL would want to float them a loan, but I could see it being in the NFLPA's interest. The question is if they can keep the cash infusion going if the AAF is losing millions of dollars a week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You'd think they would have worked out an agreement with the NFL & NFLPA before they started the league. Seems like they're doing it backwards.

As Florio said it's a shame if it goes under bc it gives young players who are just missing making the league, young or ex-coaches, assistants and ex-players still in their prime a chance to showcase their skills to get back into.the NFL. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles. Wow! 😮 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/bears-trade-jordan-howard-to-eagles/ via @ProFootballTalk

Running back Jordan Howard has been traded from the Bears to the Eagles. Philly has announced that they have secured the rights to Howard in exchange for a conditional 2020 draft pick.ESPN reports that the Bears will receive a sixth-round pick in 2020, and that it can become a fifth-round pick.