Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Haven't seen numbers yet, but Nuk Hopkins has signed an extension with the Cardinals

Good for him, he’s earned it. The Texans decided they shouldn’t pay Watson & Hopkins both, and while the decision was scrutinized hard by everyone, you have to take Watson over Hopkins.

I just hope the Cards win more with him then they have the last several years since Palmer retired. It could suck for DHop going from a team who’s been a playoff team and sometimes super bowl contender in Houston to the Cardinals who while they have talent, they also play in the toughest division in football so, it’s unlikely they become the best team in that division w/ the likes of the 49ers, Seahawks & Rams already ahead of them.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Good for him, he’s earned it. The Texans decided they shouldn’t pay Watson & Hopkins both, and while the decision was scrutinized hard by everyone, you have to take Watson over Hopkins.

I just hope the Cards win more with him then they have the last several years since Palmer retired. It could suck for DHop going from a team who’s been a playoff team and sometimes super bowl contender in Houston to the Cardinals who while they have talent, they also play in the toughest division in football so, it’s unlikely they become the best team in that division w/ the likes of the 49ers, Seahawks & Rams already ahead of them.

If they hadn't given up those picks for Tunsil and handed him a crazy contract, they might have room for Hopkins.  BOB is really doing a horrible job at the GM thing.  

At least the Rams might be about to enter a decline period.  Also, Russell Wilson is over 30.  The Cardinals, along with the 49ers, could be in the drivers seat for that division two years from now.  

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If they hadn't given up those picks for Tunsil and handed him a crazy contract, they might have room for Hopkins.  BOB is really doing a horrible job at the GM thing.  

At least the Rams might be about to enter a decline period.  Also, Russell Wilson is over 30.  The Cardinals, along with the 49ers, could be in the drivers seat for that division two years from now.  

True but they’re still arguably the best team in the AFC South. 

They signed the younger players and a LT and a QB over a WR, usually a good move.

I see no signs of Wilson slowing down, he’ll probably play till around 40 if he wants to.

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True but they’re still arguably the best team in the AFC South. 

They signed the younger players and a LT and a QB over a WR, usually a good move.

I see no signs of Wilson slowing down, he’ll probably play till around 40 if he wants to.

Terrible trade nonetheless, especially with the tackles that went this year. 

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Terrible trade nonetheless, especially with the tackles that went this year. 

I think what makes the O’Brien trades terrible are more the draft picks involved.

Its really just awful that Brice Allen wouldn’t trade Trent last year. We could have had a bidding war between the Browns & Texans for his services and maybe ended up with a 1st round pick and a mid to late round pick. Ugh, just ugh 😫 

Just now, turtle28 said:

So sad, I do love some Navy football, by far my favorite of the academies mostly bc they’re in MD & so am I.

My work does some things with the football team, and I've met Coach Ken a few times.  My dad has also had some of his high school players play there over the years as well.  

Pretty clear that it's a lack of preparation issue.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My work does some things with the football team, and I've met Coach Ken a few times.  My dad has also had some of his high school players play there over the years as well.  

Pretty clear that it's a lack of preparation issue.  

Yeah you can tell they weren’t hittin/tackling much bc of the poor tackling. We’ll probably see a lot of poor tackling in both the NFL & NCAA this year.

😂 

You know, what the Bucs have done reminds me of the 2000 Redskins & 2011 Eagles. They’ve had a lot of changes in their team and not much turnover from last year. They may not be as good as we all think bc of that. They have talent, but COVID & too many new faces could effect them and they’ll be more a 9-7 or 10-6 team instead of a 11 or 12 win team like most people think.

AFC

# North WLT Div
2 BAL.svgBAL 12-4 5-1
5 PIT.svgPIT 10-6 3-3
9 CLE.svgCLE 7-9 3-3
15 CIN.svgCIN 5-11 1-5
# South WLT Div
3 HOU.svgHOU 9-7 4-2
6 TEN.svgTEN 9-7 4-2
10 IND.svgIND 7-9 4-2
16 JAC.svgJAC 2-14 0-6
# East WLT Div