Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 8/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, turtle28 said:

Report: ESPN's search for new 'Monday Night Football' booth included offer to Sean McVay
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-esp-ns-search-for-new-monday-night-football-booth-included-offer-to-sean-mc-vay-151121636.html

Monday Night football tried to lure Sean McVay away from the Rams to join their MNF broadcast. Kinda makes me think Cooley could be an option.

Gotta say, if he got close to Romo money, he would be a fool to turn it down

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

The fact that they wanted McVay makes me think that Cooley to MNF would make sense as well.

I honestly think he's toxic due to everything that's happened here in recent history, and he's not going to get hired anywhere.  It sucks, but he's viewed as "guilty by association" at this point. 

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I honestly think he's toxic due to everything that's happened here in recent history, and he's not going to get hired anywhere.  It sucks, but he's viewed as "guilty by association" at this point. 

It’s more than guilty by association some have said he was viewed as a bit of a womanizer too, but I think it’s a bit different when Cooley is the same age as the girls he’s hitting on, or 10 years older than them vs Larry Michael being those girls grandfathers age.

Perhpas Cooley takes a year or too off and then gets hired by a national broadcast team like MNF or just FOX/CBS/NFL/ESPN/NBC after some time goes by.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 10:58 PM, turtle28 said:

It’s more than guilty by association some have said he was viewed as a bit of a womanizer too, but I think it’s a bit different when Cooley is the same age as the girls he’s hitting on, or 10 years older than them vs Larry Michael being those girls grandfathers age.

Perhpas Cooley takes a year or too off and then gets hired by a national broadcast team like MNF or just FOX/CBS/NFL/ESPN/NBC after some time goes by.

I think he was when he was early on in his career. He's been pretty much a family man and doting on his wife, daughter, and son. Not saying that means he isn't. I just think this is people running wild with their imaginations given that no one has said anything and the two cheerleaders I know have nothing but positive things to say about him.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 3:42 PM, Skins212689 said:

@MKnight82 check out Budda Bakers contract. Proves the point not only does the QB market increase, all Player's market go up with the money the NFL is making. 

This is true. Every position is going to go up as the league makes more $. But usually the positions are relative. For example, the best safety in the league is not going to be the best QB in the league's contract. They just aren't. So it's all relative.

Andre Dillard the projected LT of the Eagles tore his ACL. They want Peters to move back to LT, but I heard on ESPN he won’t do it unless they give him a pay raise. Definitely something to watch this week.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Fantasy advice needed for Week 1:

I have Ronald Jones as my RB2 at the moment. Drafted him before the Fournette news.

I can a) stick with him and seek how it goes b) put in Akers from the Rams c) put in Michel from the Pats

Thoughts?

For week 1 I would just stick with Jones

• Like 1