Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 9/24/2023 at 12:56 PM, Thaiphoon said:

That's two last second plays in as many weeks that screwed my parlays. 

Last week was the Rams kicking a last second FG.

Both were the only legs of my parlays I didn't hit.

I don't know how you guys bet. I just can't do it. I have cousins who have been big into it for like 20 years ago and used to go to bookies and everything in their small towns in Ohio. 

I just can't do it. I already worry too much about my favorite teams winning. Being worried about $ on top of that would drive me nuts! 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don't know how you guys bet. I just can't do it. I have a cousins who have been big into it for like 20 years ago and used to go to bookies and everything in their small towns in Ohio. 

I just can't do it. I already worry too much about my favorite teams winning. Being worried about $ on top of that would drive me nuts! 😂 

Biggest win for me recently was a $2k parlay. My buddy hit a $14k and a $7k one and then an $11k the next day. But these were bets of a minimum of $100

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7nz5x8buhjtld7xxviz

I lost out on a very long shot one though. I only bet $10 so no biggie. It was "Commanders score 1+ rushing TDs each regular season game". Payout would have been $2500 if it hit. When we were close last week and failed to run the danged ball inside the Red Zone I was pissed. I wasn't expecting it to hit, I was just hoping I could get to Week 6-Week 8 and then get a Cash Out option of a few hundred bucks. But for $10 it was nice to have the thrill for at least the first two weeks where we did actually scored rushing TDs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

@MikeT14 I'm thinking Pry and crew might actually be worse than Fuente. This is pretty rough. 

Last weekend was the first time I moved into "damn, Pry and his team don't have it."

Like I haven't been high on Bowen from the start, and that is what it is, but they just look lost out there. I think I am more than willing to give them the rest of this year and then next, but his seat is flaming hot next year. 

It'll also be enough time to see if Whit is really leaving or not, because if he is I don't need him screwing this up a third time. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Last weekend was the first time I moved into "damn, Pry and his team don't have it."

Like I haven't been high on Bowen from the start, and that is what it is, but they just look lost out there. I think I am more than willing to give them the rest of this year and then next, but his seat is flaming hot next year. 

It'll also be enough time to see if Whit is really leaving or not, because if he is I don't need him screwing this up a third time. 

I expect Pry to last one more season and I think we'll see Whit and Pry head out the door together. The problem is nothing is going to get better if they aren't putting money into the program. Also, I'm not even sure who you could hire at this point? Its not like they could lure Urban Meyer to come fix this so you're probably talking about a name with baggage. Bill O'Brien possibly? 

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I expect Pry to last one more season and I think we'll see Whit and Pry head out the door together. The problem is nothing is going to get better if they aren't putting money into the program. Also, I'm not even sure who you could hire at this point? Its not like they could lure Urban Meyer to come fix this so you're probably talking about a name with baggage. Bill O'Brien possibly? 

I don’t know that we need a BoB to be honest. I don’t think recruiting or money is necessarily the issue at this time. Sure it could be improved, but I don’t think it’s high on the list of negatives. I think the idea of Brent Pry was the right idea and can work here even if it isn’t working right now. 

we’re still filtering out all the crap recruiting from Fuente as well as acclimating what we have. This staff seems to be doing a poor job of that. the team is young so maybe that’s part of it. Like you mentioned, one more year. Bring your talent up and hit that damn portal hard. 

My guess, one of Bowen or Marve is gone after this season. Ideally Bowen reassigned back to TEs and we get a real OC and play caller. 

• Like 1