Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 11/1/2023 at 10:06 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Hope Pierce can make a go of this opportunity, but he’s not in at all the same situation that Bisecca or whatever his name was when he took over for Gruden, and a whole lot less talent. 

Yeah, I loved what Pierce had to say in  his press conference but saying the right thing & actually being a good HC are two separate things, just ask Mike Singletary

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Firing of Josh McDaniel has shown that a BB 2.0 doesn’t work anymore. 
PFT

Hunter Renfrow: No more walking on eggshells, we can have fun playing again.

Eh, I am not sure I’d go that far.  Sometimes you need a strong hand in the locker room like that.  But clearly, McDaniels was in way over his head, and had not learned any sort of lesson from when he was in Denver.  

This is also how I envision a Jim Harbaugh return to the pros going, but with a better record.  Probably 2 years of playing great, but flaming out in Year 3-4 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Cole Holcomb sadly had a major knee injury for the Steelers tonight. His leg bent back the wrong way, it looked like he everything and was carted off. I've always liked Holcomb and wish him a full recovery for next year.

Agree- happy he has his contract !

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Eh, I am not sure I’d go that far.  Sometimes you need a strong hand in the locker room like that.  But clearly, McDaniels was in way over his head, and had not learned any sort of lesson from when he was in Denver.  

This is also how I envision a Jim Harbaugh return to the pros going, but with a better record.  Probably 2 years of playing great, but flaming out in Year 3-4 

There’s a big difference having strong hand (which I agree with) and humiliation of players (stories I hear from past players). Different kind of player in a different time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Cole Holcomb sadly had a major knee injury for the Steelers tonight. His leg bent back the wrong way, it looked like he everything and was carted off. I've always liked Holcomb and wish him a full recovery for next year.

Yea it looked pretty bad live. Friendly fire too with the leg whip by his teammate. Hope he recovers quickly.