Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Got engaged yesterday.  Did it with my grandmothers ring, with her present, in our hometown at the park named after my grandfather.  Still hasn’t sunk in quite yet.  

That's so awesome man! 😎 Congratulations 🎉 🍾🎊🥳

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 10:14 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Sold the farm for Young, fire a coach after 11 games.  Not really sure they are going to get much better in there.  

He’s Dan Snyder 2.0 when he was a young owner. Temper is about to be on his 4th HC in 5 years as an owner.

Hey guys. I rarely ask for anything here and I never, ever, ask anything for me.

This is for my daughter (aka - my heart walking outside my body).

She is in 6th grade and auditioning next Monday for a major role in a musical at her middle school. She had performed in their musicals in 4th and 5th grade at the middle school but since she was an elementary school student all she could be was the ensemble. Now there are no restrictions on what she can go for.

Not sure if you've seen James and the Giant Peach but she is auditioning for "Ladybug" and is singing "Everywhere That You Are". This is the big song that the character sings.

She's a raw talent (no voice lessons yet - even though mom once was offered a spot as Kim in the National Tour of "Miss Saigon" - so she gets it from my wife) but when I tell you she can sing this song (albeit not as polished as this woman) getting the notes and hitting all the inflections, I'm not lying.

She's a bit nervous as this is her first audition for a role that will have a solo (which scares the crap out of her but as a musician I know that its a great confidence builder when you do it and you nail it and people are clapping for...you)

Anyway, I'm rambling and would really appreciate it if you could send a warm thought to the Universe/Deity/Bob Dylan/whomever...in support of her.

Here's the song (it's supposed to be a quartet but she has to sing the thing as if it was entirely a solo like it is here). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hey guys. I rarely ask for anything here and I never, ever, ask anything for me.

This is for my daughter (aka - my heart walking outside my body).

She is in 6th grade and auditioning next Monday for a major role in a musical at her middle school. She had performed in their musicals in 4th and 5th grade at the middle school but since she was an elementary school student all she could be was the ensemble. Now there are no restrictions on what she can go for.

Not sure if you've seen James and the Giant Peach but she is auditioning for "Ladybug" and is singing "Everywhere That You Are". This is the big song that the character sings.

She's a raw talent (no voice lessons yet - even though mom once was offered a spot as Kim in the National Tour of "Miss Saigon" - so she gets it from my wife) but when I tell you she can sing this song (albeit not as polished as this woman) getting the notes and hitting all the inflections, I'm not lying.

She's a bit nervous as this is her first audition for a role that will have a solo (which scares the crap out of her but as a musician I know that its a great confidence builder when you do it and you nail it and people are clapping for...you)

Anyway, I'm rambling and would really appreciate it if you could send a warm thought to the Universe/Deity/Bob Dylan/whomever...in support of her.

Here's the song (it's supposed to be a quartet but she has to sing the thing as if it was entirely a solo like it is here). 

Happy thoughts her's and your way man. She is going to crush it.

• Like 1