Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 12/26/2023 at 9:32 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

A big qualification that people miss is that your head coach, first and foremost, is the leader.  If he isn’t afraid of not being the smartest person in the room, not being afraid of not calling p;lays, etc, that’s the guy I want.  

I will always say 2 of the biggest mistakes Joe Gibbs 2.0/Snyder/Cerrato made was not realizing how important Antonio Pierce & Ryan Clark were as leaders on that young D Gibbs 2.0 & Gregg Williams inherited in 04.

Not re-signing Pierce in 2005 & signing Adam Archuleta instead of re-signing Ryan Clark in 2006 was about as dumb of decisions as this franchise has ever made tbh.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...

I get the NFL is getting money like crazy for Amazon Prime Thursday Night Football & for streaming games like this, but I think it hurts the league & the brand when everyone can’t watch the game on network TV or at least on basic cable TV.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I get the NFL is getting money like crazy for Amazon Prime Thursday Night Football & for streaming games like this, but I think it hurts the league & the brand when everyone can’t watch the game on network TV or at least on basic cable TV.

I don’t have cable. I stream everything. Means whenever ESPN has a game on MNF, or like last nights National Championship I have to use other methods to get to it. If ESPN offered a package where I get access to their networks through their app, I’d sign up for it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

People are going to pay for it in the end.  This is going to be the way of things in 10 years, if not sooner.  You want all of the games?  You have to sign up for the streaming package for each one.  If you cut the cord from cable, you basically have to do that for college football right now.  Streaming companies have been in a lot of competition for live content, and the NFL is the biggest one out there.  

On 1/9/2024 at 8:11 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

People are going to pay for it in the end.  This is going to be the way of things in 10 years, if not sooner.  You want all of the games?  You have to sign up for the streaming package for each one.  If you cut the cord from cable, you basically have to do that for college football right now.  Streaming companies have been in a lot of competition for live content, and the NFL is the biggest one out there.  

Still don’t like it as a 44 year old middle aged grumpy man. 😂 

Alabama football will never be the same IMO. I think they’ll go from a team being favorites to win the title every year to a team just hoping to make the CFB playoffs every year instead of being the front runner to win it all.

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Alabama football will never be the same IMO. I think they’ll go from a team being favorites to win the title every year to a team just hoping to make the CFB playoffs every year instead of being the front runner to win it all.

Dabo is just going to end up at Alabama isn’t he

42 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

Dabo is just going to end up at Alabama isn’t he

Oh good pull, probably. I take it back, if they get him then they’ll remain a National Championship contender every year. Hell, Dabo made Clemson of all places into a National Championship contender before NIL kicked in and they couldn’t keep up with the biggest schools.