Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

At least RG3 gave us the most exciting recent season we’ve had. Thankful for that. 

As far as Jay Gruden? I’m glad he could be a drunk at Loudoun One for 5 years. 

We’re just missing the Joey Freshwater fake name from Jay to make him our Lane Kiffin. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

At least RG3 gave us the most exciting recent season we’ve had. Thankful for that. 

As far as Jay Gruden? I’m glad he could be a drunk at Loudoun One for 5 years. 

Jay Gruden knew enough to keep McVay and together they developed Kirk into a Pro Bowl caliber QB & Colt Mccoy into one of the best backups in the NFL.

Jay is the only HC in the Snyder era to have back to back winning seasons.

He knows more about developing and executing an NFL offense in his pinky than RG3 does in his entire body.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Jay Gruden knew enough to keep McVay and together they developed Kirk into a Pro Bowl caliber QB & Colt Mccoy into one of the best backups in the NFL.

Jay is the only HC in the Snyder era to have back to back winning seasons.

He knows more about developing and executing an NFL offense in his pinky than RG3 does in his entire body.

It's help keep him employed in the NF- wait. 

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Jay is a great offensive mind.  But, this is why you need a GM and not the owner.  They should’ve hired someone who had a vision for maximizing RGIII’s strengths.  

Hopefully with our blank slate we can begin to pick players who fit the overall vision and have long-term success where we don’t deviate from that.  

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 9:44 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Jay is a great offensive mind.  But, this is why you need a GM and not the owner.  They should’ve hired someone who had a vision for maximizing RGIII’s strengths.  

Hopefully with our blank slate we can begin to pick players who fit the overall vision and have long-term success where we don’t deviate from that.  

RG3 wanted to be Aaron Rodgers after 2012, they hired a HC who had developed Andy Dalton into a good pocket passer. RG3 didn't put the work in to be a good pocket passing QB, he has no one to blame but himself for his own failures as a QB in the NFL after his knee injury in 2012/2013 when Shanahan shouldn't have even played him after he hurt his knee vs the Ravens.

But, RG3 was afraid of Kirk playing well enough to take his job so, he forced them to play him and Shanahan didn't have the balls to stand up to Snyder to tell him no and why RG3 shouldn't be playing.

Plus, Shanahan was worried about keeping his own job after going 6-10, 5-11 & then not making the playoffs in his 3rd probably would've gotten him fired. So, Shanahan & RG3 were both selfish & made those moves to keep their jobs & it all backfired on both.

Let’s not forget Kyle brought RG3 to Cleveland in 2016 & RG3 started most of the season but he wasn't good enough once again.

Kirk & Colt on the other hand put the work in, learned the offense, the progressions and how to read a D. It's amazing to me that many people on social media still agree with RG3 in all of this history when it's plain as day that Kirk a 4th round pick and Colt a FA who had flamed out in Cle with a weaker arm both succeeded in Jay’s offense. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Steven Sims - formerly of the C’s - with a punt return TD for the Texans. Another player Rivera shouldn't have let get away. Yeah, he wasn't starting WR but he could've been our 6th WR and return man the last few years still. 

Edited by turtle28

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Steven Sims - formerly of the C’s - with a punt return TD for the Texans. Another player Rivera shouldn't have let get away. Yeah, he wasn't starting WR but he could've been our 6th WR and return man the last few years still. 

lol come on. He had a nice play last night but had absolutely done nothing since he left otherwise. This is not a hill to die on. 

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

lol come on. He had a nice play last night but had absolutely done nothing since he left otherwise. This is not a hill to die on. 

I think he had some nice returns in Pitt two last year or the year before. I’m not “dying on it” but give me Steven Sims over Dax Milne as the #6 WR every single day & twice as Sunday’s.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:55 AM, MikeT14 said:

I actually kinda think RG3 won that exchange lol

I don't. Even Jay's last response to him was a burn. Saying sarcastically that he's sorry that our coaches didn't prepare you. And then you look at the coaching room.