Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 1/16/2024 at 10:11 AM, MikeT14 said:

It more has to do with Jay being a child too and then going after B Mitch. That’s how it doesn’t look good for him. 

Nah. I LOVE BMitch, but BMitch went after Jay. Not the other way around. Jay just defended himself after that.

Jay was tweeting and was talking about the Eagles game and saying if he had ever done that to a QB then he was sorry. 

Then BMitch laid into him. And it was off to the races after that.

I generally loathe Jay, but BMitch was the cause of this row.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 11:49 AM, turtle28 said:

RG3 wanted to be Aaron Rodgers after 2012, they hired a HC who had developed Andy Dalton into a good pocket passer. RG3 didn't put the work in to be a good pocket passing QB, he has no one to blame but himself for his own failures as a QB in the NFL after his knee injury in 2012/2013 when Shanahan shouldn't have even played him after he hurt his knee vs the Ravens.

But, RG3 was afraid of Kirk playing well enough to take his job so, he forced them to play him and Shanahan didn't have the balls to stand up to Snyder to tell him no and why RG3 shouldn't be playing.

Plus, Shanahan was worried about keeping his own job after going 6-10, 5-11 & then not making the playoffs in his 3rd probably would've gotten him fired. So, Shanahan & RG3 were both selfish & made those moves to keep their jobs & it all backfired on both.

Let’s not forget Kyle brought RG3 to Cleveland in 2016 & RG3 started most of the season but he wasn't good enough once again.

Kirk & Colt on the other hand put the work in, learned the offense, the progressions and how to read a D. It's amazing to me that many people on social media still agree with RG3 in all of this history when it's plain as day that Kirk a 4th round pick and Colt a FA who had flamed out in Cle with a weaker arm both succeeded in Jay’s offense. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not only that but I got tired of arguing with the smooth brains on Twitter and Facebook when they argued that it was Jay's fault that Robert "tore his knee up in the playoff game"

• Like 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/ron-rivera-still-interested-in-coaching-enjoyed-return-to-defensive-play-calling-in-2023

Our former head coach is delusional. 

"What I really enjoyed more than anything else the last five weeks was just being right in the middle of everything. Now your only focus is just that one thing. That's what you do; you want to teach."

Washington during the last 5 weeks:

0-5, 168 points allowed, 4:47 Total time leading in any game during this span (NYJ). 

Just retire dude...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not only that but I got tired of arguing with the smooth brains on Twitter and Facebook when they argued that it was Jay's fault that Robert "tore his knee up in the playoff game"

That was his own ego ! He said he was good to go cause he knew Kirk C would come in and flash ! Couldn't let that happen. It was obvious he was hurt before he really blew it out . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

That was his own ego ! He said he was good to go cause he knew Kirk C would come in and flash ! Couldn't let that happen. It was obvious he was hurt before he really blew it out . 

Right. But Gruden wasn't even the coach then. These Marooons can't even get the coaches right

• Like 1

How in the world did this thread turn out to be the "catch all" thread ? Weird. 

Anyway nowhere to post this but Jordan Love threw the worst interception to end the Playoff game against S F since Cousin ran left and threw back right against the Giants ( intercepted ) to keep us out of the Playoffs. No reason at all for Love to throw up that duck on first down. I can take physical errors much better that just plain STOOPID !

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:04 AM, RSkinGM said:

Anyway nowhere to post this but Jordan Love threw the worst interception to end the Playoff game against S F since Cousin ran left and threw back right against the Giants ( intercepted ) to keep us out of the Playoffs. No reason at all for Love to throw up that duck on first down. I can take physical errors much better that just plain STOOPID !

It's always been that “Anything but Commanders or Redskins” 

• Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 11:04 AM, RSkinGM said:

Kirk never ran left and threw right against the Giants in that 2016 week 17 game.

The outcome sucked but the decision was not a bad one by Kirk. On the play, Morgan Moses got pushed back into Kirk so the timing on the route/throw was off. Kirk had to pull it down & reset which caused him to be a second late on the pass to Garcon in the middle & allowed Dominique Rogers-Cromartie enough time to close the distance & make the interception.

It’s always bothered me that people just remember the result but don't remember Moses getting beat or that Garcon didn't fight to get to the ball or try to knock it away from DRC when he was intercepting it.

Garcon was a good receiver, but the guy usually couldn't high point balls & he was the type of WR who waited for balls to get to him instead of attacking the ball to get to it.

Oh well. Anyways, the Jordan Love decision to throw back across the field to the left while running toward the right was a way worse decision. It was a rookie mistake.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Kirk never ran left and threw right against the Giants in that 2016 week 17 game.

The outcome sucked but the decision was not a bad one by Kirk. On the play, Morgan Moses got pushed back into Kirk so the timing on the route/throw was off. Kirk had to pull it down & reset which caused him to be a second late on the pass to Garcon in the middle & allowed Dominique Rogers-Cromartie enough time to close the distance & make the interception.

It’s always bothered me that people just remember the result but don't remember Moses getting beat or that Garcon didn't fight to get to the ball or try to knock it away from DRC when he was intercepting it.

Garcon was a good receiver, but the guy usually couldn't high point balls & he was the type of WR who waited for balls to get to him instead of attacking the ball to get to it.

Oh well. Anyways, the Jordan Love decision to throw back across the field to the left while running toward the right was a way worse decision. It was a rookie mistake.

Your description of the play is perfect ! I just watched it again. Still, on first down-awful decision . still breaks my spirit  but damn those unis were pretty !.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Your description of the play is perfect ! I just watched it again. Still, on first down-awful decision . still breaks my spirit  but damn those unis were pretty !.

Yeah, I've talked about it for years on Twitter bc a lot of people still bring it up… kinda like someone else *cough*cough! 😂

It really wasn't an awful decision, Garcon was open but, Garcon was running away from where the pass was going & DRC just made a great play on the ball as he did earlier in the game when he intercepted a pass intended for Maurice Harris on the sidelines.

Hey, the other guys get paid too. 😉 

There's like eight 49ers that were Pro Bowlers that need to be replaced. I know, lol Pro Bowl, and I won't watch, but I was trying to see if they could shoehorn in any Commander so that we have representation. I think the only option might be Kendall Fuller. 

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

There's like eight 49ers that were Pro Bowlers that need to be replaced. I know, lol Pro Bowl, and I won't watch, but I was trying to see if they could shoehorn in any Commander so that we have representation. I think the only option might be Kendall Fuller. 

and he finished on I R so... ??