Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Bieniemy headed to UCLA to be assistant HC and OC.  Pretty telling with all of the OC openings that he didn’t get one.  I guess he can still yell at players if he goes to the college ranks.  This really doesn’t help him with the head coaching aspect because the biggest difference is how you lead people, and I think that is where he was ultimately lacking.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bieniemy headed to UCLA to be assistant HC and OC.  Pretty telling with all of the OC openings that he didn’t get one.  I guess he can still yell at players if he goes to the college ranks.  This really doesn’t help him with the head coaching aspect because the biggest difference is how you lead people, and I think that is where he was ultimately lacking.  

Yeah man, I should’ve looked first to see if this is what you were posting in here bc I just posted it in the post-mortem Bieniemy thread.

I wish no ill on anyone unless they do it to me but, as you said it’s very telling that Bieniemy had to settle for going to a college job. He did a poor job here last year in scheme, game planning and play calling considering he was working with a first year QB and an inconsistent at best OL.

I will never understand how he could only rush BRob 178 times & Gibson just 65 times. That’s down 111 carries between the two from 2022 when Scott Turner was the OC. And, Robinson played 3 less games in 2022 & when he played it was after he was shot in August.

Just awful. I hope Bieniemy finds a run game when he’s in college. It’s extremely weird that he doesn’t run the ball more bc he was a college & pro running back, you’d think he’d want to feature that more.

7 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

JPA Football 

𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: The #Jets are giving former #2 overall pick Zach Wilson permission to seek a trade, per GM Joe Douglas.

This was expected.

Good luck trading that dude 😂 

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out Chase Young has to have neck surgery ! The condition is CONGENITAL. So the GENERATIONAL pass rusher has a CONGENITAL neck issue and gets a GURANTEED $13 mill contract , UNbelievable. There are teams dumber than us .. !

The Saints say .. they were aware of the issue. 🙄

Edited by RSkinGM

On 3/20/2024 at 3:19 PM, RSkinGM said:

Turns out Chase Young has to have neck surgery ! The condition is CONGENITAL. So the GENERATIONAL pass rusher has a CONGENITAL neck issue and gets a GURANTEED $13 mill contract , UNbelievable. There are teams dumber than us .. !

Hahaha I highly doubt they were, if they were, the news would be out before or when the signing happened.  

Chase and his dad actually suckered them.  

On 3/20/2024 at 3:19 PM, RSkinGM said:

I guess we can stop calling him soft for not playing through that neck issue in the preseason last year… 🤷🏼‍♂️

And, I will reiterate that Rivera was a liar on injury reports when he talked to the press.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I guess we can stop calling him soft for not playing through that neck issue in the preseason last year… 🤷🏼‍♂️

And, I will reiterate that Rivera was a liar on injury reports when he talked to the press.

Nothing vindicates anything from how the Young saga unfolded either. We all saw that (lack of) effort. 

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The team will probably face an investigation from it as well. 

If Rivera did misrepresent the injury report, I can easily see him never stepping onto the field in any coaching capacity ever again.  

I guess the arena deal is dead. Virginia is so dumb lol. Next it will be the new football stadium they strike down but we’ll get more apartment buildings with Safeways underneath of them that nobody can afford to live in.