Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I guess the arena deal is dead. Virginia is so dumb lol. Next it will be the new football stadium they strike down but we’ll get more apartment buildings with Safeways underneath of them that nobody can afford to live in. 

Why, as it was construed, was it good for Virginia? Over a billion additional tax dollars with nothing from Leonisis. The plan to keep it busy and funded wasn’t sound. 

• Like 2

The weird things that make you $$.

Brenton Doyle is a starting OF for the Rockies. You guys might remember that I went to high school with his mom and aunt. He is also married to the daughter of the son of my dad's best friend (they are like a 2nd family). 

So Saturday night, I was watching the Rockies game and decided to turn the game off. They were winning 7-4 in the 5th. I went, "what the heck, let's put something in on Brenton".

So I put down $10 throwaway bet on Doyle to hit a HR (at +2700 odds). And sure enough, in like the 7th or 8th, he hits a 2 run homer. I legitimately thought that money was gone and was surprised when I logged in the next day and found my account had $270 more than I started with.

EDIT (in italics): Thanks @lavar703

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Brenton Doyle is a starting OF for the Rockies. You guys might remember that I went to high school with his mom and aunt. He is also married to the son of my dad's best friend (they are like a 2nd family). 

So Saturday night, I was watching the Rockies game and decided to turn the game off. They were winning 7-4 in the 5th. I went, "what the heck, let's put something in on Brenton".

So I put down $10 throwaway bet on Doyle to hit a HR (at +2700 odds). And sure enough, in like the 7th or 8th, he hits a 2 run homer. I legitimately thought that money was gone and was surprised when I logged in the next day and found my account had $270 more than I started with.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7mg0nmfafgxmrrjgy52

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That is an…….interesting……trade of Stefon Diggs.  

Bills got screwed on that trade. I know he was disgruntled, but you don't trade a player of his caliber AND two day 3 picks for only a future 2nd rounder. 

I mean, if that was the asking price, I might've made the trade myself and dealt with any potential headache he may or may not have caused

On 4/1/2024 at 8:48 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Brenton Doyle is a starting OF for the Rockies. You guys might remember that I went to high school with his mom and aunt. He is also married to the son of my dad's best friend (they are like a 2nd family). 

I don't think that's accurate dude lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On Barstool Adam Schefter interview talks about how the 49ers didn’t even do any scouting work on Mahomes or Watson in the 2017 draft bc they thought they would get Kirk Cousins after 2017 because he was going to leave Washington.

What threw a wrench into that plan was the Patriots called up the 49ers and told them they had to unload Jimmy G bc they weren’t going to be able to re-sign him after the season when he became a FA and all the Pats wanted back was a 2nd so that ended the Kirk Cousins to San Fran hopes.

The 49ers only did extensive scouting work on mid to late round picks. So, they took CJ Bethard. CJ Bethard ended up signing with Jacksonville and the 49ers got a 7th round COMP pick and with that Pick they took Brock Purdy!

Mind blown! 🤯

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/XhwByyCUgZxNpgn3/?mibextid=UalRPS

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1