Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

My favorite thing now is when you get people who never really saw him play or non-Redskins fans talk about Sean not being a complete safety. Calling him overrated. 

Sean was about as complete a safety as I’ve ever seen. He could hit, cover, play in the box, rush the passer etc. just do absolute everything. It absolutely sucks that he passed and the idea that he’s overrated by Redskins fans is ridiculous. Especially when you have NFL experts still referencing him as a comparison when the best safety’s in college come out for the draft. What a talent he was. 

He sometimes lined up at CB and WR, that's how much talent he had and if the Redskins needed him to cover the best guy, they would change his alignment, or use him as a decoy.  The problem was, the last year he played (going back to the year before he passed) he was just growing into his abilities as an elite cover player.  He always had the hit tool in the box and could play deep safety, but as far as more serious coverage, he was lacking until the last 16 games before he passed.  He's still the barometer for top safeties coming out of college, and he truly could have been a much more special player if he wasn't taken from us when he was. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 8:15 AM, MikeT14 said:

Unbelievable that a franchise can be so poor at drafting. 

Some of it is bad luck like with Phil Taylor getting injured but other things are self inflicted like replacing McCoy with Weeden and then giving up on Weeden for Manziel. It’s like they went worse at QB with each decision. Then, they passed on Julio Jones in 2011 and on Carson Wentz in 2016. Just those two players alone would’ve made their offense dynamic. 

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Some of it is bad luck like with Phil Taylor getting injured but other things are self inflicted like replacing McCoy with Weeden and then giving up on Weeden for Manziel. It’s like they went worse at QB with each decision. Then, they passed on Julio Jones in 2011 and on Carson Wentz in 2016. Just those two players alone would’ve made their offense dynamic. 

I don’t blame them for Wentz. Literally nobody knew what he was going to be and there were plenty of clips posted by well-known draftniks and Twitter dbag Cian Fahey making fun of some poor throws by Wentz. Julio Jones on the other hand, no excuse whatsoever. He was a monster at Alabama. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t blame them for Wentz. Literally nobody knew what he was going to be and there were plenty of clips posted by well-known draftniks and Twitter dbag Cian Fahey making fun of some poor throws by Wentz. Julio Jones on the other hand, no excuse whatsoever. He was a monster at Alabama. 

The thing is that people in NFL front offices are supposed to be smarter than those types of people and us. The Eagles front office came out looking like geniuses and the Browns front office was rightfully fired.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I can blame them. I knew Wentz was good because I saw him play in the FCS level. He was a special talent and the biggest reason that NDSU won back to back titles while he was there 

• Like 1