Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I enjoyed watching him in purple and gold . :)

I have to say it’s a really weird dynamic that you actually like a Redskins quarterback. Since we’ve both been posters on this forum, which goes back over a decade, I think the only QB you’ve ever liked is Colt Brennan and RG3 for a short period in 2012 before he hurt his knee, and even then you didn’t love RG3 but you had to concede that he was playing well and the team was playing well with him as their QB for that season.

7 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

LSU game to start the year is huge. Schedule is fairly manageable for the most part. Have F$U at home, toughest game may be VT in Blacksburg.

I'm nervous but excited, we have alot of talent this year, especially on defense.

Yeah, your D is stacked

17 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

LSU game to start the year is huge. Schedule is fairly manageable for the most part. Have F$U at home, toughest game may be VT in Blacksburg.

I'm nervous but excited, we have alot of talent this year, especially on defense.

Qb play will determine our season

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I have to say it’s a really weird dynamic that you actually like a Redskins quarterback. Since we’ve both been posters on this forum, which goes back over a decade, I think the only QB you’ve ever liked is Colt Brennan and RG3 for a short period in 2012 before he hurt his knee, and even then you didn’t love RG3 but you had to concede that he was playing well and the team was playing well with him as their QB for that season.

I actually liked K C a lot till he threw that pass to his right -on first down- across his body- while running to his left against the Giants to cost us the Playoffs in 2016. A raw rookie wouldn't have risked the pass. In my mind, I saw him as a loser at that exact point. He doesn't have what it takes to win. I see Minny as 8-8, 9-7 this year with him.

I'll eat crow if I have to-won't be a first   :P . Also, I'm not committed to Alex Smith. All I've said is I thought he was best option given the circumstances. I think he is a solid NFL Q B and an upgrade from Cousins. 

I'm taking a cautiously optimistic wait and see attitude.  

On 8/21/2018 at 9:05 AM, RSkinGM said:

I actually liked K C a lot till he threw that pass to his right -on first down- across his body- while running to his left against the Giants to cost us the Playoffs in 2016. A raw rookie wouldn't have risked the pass. In my mind, I saw him as a loser at that exact point. He doesn't have what it takes to win. I see Minny as 8-8, 9-7 this year with him.

I'll eat crow if I have to-won't be a first   :P . Also, I'm not committed to Alex Smith. All I've said is I thought he was best option given the circumstances. I think he is a solid NFL Q B and an upgrade from Cousins. 

I'm taking a cautiously optimistic wait and see attitude.  

This is what I don’t understand, you dislike Kirk or you started to dislike him just off of one play?

Every player make mistakes, even the greatest ever. He attempted a pass and was trying to win a game, DRC made a spectacular play on the ball, just like he did earlier in the game when Maurice Harris failed to catch a ball on the sidelines that DRC Caught as he looked like the WR on the play and not Harris.

I just find it unbelievable that many fans and the Redskins front office were never able to move on from a few interceptions he threw out of 1,709 passes in 3 years and in 2016 he threw over 606 passes and only had 12 ints.

At some point it has to be less about the QB and more about the entire team. The truth is that the lack of talent on the entire team in 2015, 2016 & 17  kept the Redskins from going to the playoffs more than once and the lack of talent on the entire team kept them from winning a playoff game with Kirk Cousins as their QB.

Sidenote: let’s not forget that the 2016 Redskins roster wasn’t very good at all especially at RB, on defense and after Jordan Reed separated his shoulder. If we had won 1 or 2 more games, we were very likely to lose in the wildcard round of the playoffs again. 

And, if we had won that Bengals game where Hopkins missed the game winner in regulation and the Giants game in in December of 2016 we may not have been able to draft Jonathan Allen with the 17th pick. I’d much rather have Jonathan Allen and build a good to great defense for the next decade than to have backed into the playoffs for two years in a row only to lose both playoff games.

I mean, Cousins played just about as well as any qb would have from 2015-17 given that we had a horrible running game and a horrible defense in those years. 

Cousins was good to great in almost every game he played from 2015-2017, that really can’t be taken away from him, it’s a shame that most of the players around him either weren’t good enough to win with, got injured or didn’t play well.

We’re definitely on the same page about Alex Smith, I’m cautiously optimistic.

Edited by turtle28