Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

@HTTRG3Dynasty @Thaiphoon The DMs between Junior and I were just after the season on 2/5/18:

JG: Are you implying I’m not a starter ?

Me: No, I know you could start for some teams. Just wondering which ones you think you’d start for.

JG: Every single team in the league bro including here (Redskins). What games were u watching lol I barely played but smh ??‍♂️ got some work to do thanks for the motivation.

Me: I know you should have played more, no doubt. Some fans got all over me for defending you, those idiots just look at stats, not pressures and production w/ limited snaps.

Manusky should have had you Kerrigan and Smith on the field together more - especially after Jon Allen went down. I called for that all year.

Just wondering where you think you’d have the best chance to play the most. For example, some teams have several good pass rushers, some are developing young pass rushers.

I hope you don’t go to Dallas - but they need a pass rusher -  Seahawks, Chiefs, Lions, NYJ, Rams, Bears, Panthers and, Browns.

JG: I’ll go to the team that wants me the most it might be here who knows.

Me: And you should. I know you wanted to play more last year and you should’ve.

JG: Lol crazy world.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

He has a very high opinion of himself, which seems to be his problem.

To be fair though, he probably could start for most teams if he has his head on straight and if he can prove he can stay healthy on more snaps than what he saw last year. 

I’d say he’d have a shot - some teams a long shot - at starting for about 1/2 of the league. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Urban Meyer is a piece of garbage. 

That’s extremely harsh. He has his flaws like most people who have a lot of power and he’s clearly made mistakes but from what I know he’s a good coach, good leader of young men, great husband and great  father.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s extremely harsh. He has his flaws like most people who have a lot of power and he’s clearly made mistakes but from what I know he’s a good coach, good leader of young men, great husband and great  father.

I don't think you can look at his arrest records at Florida, or this current situation and claim he's a leader of young men. I wouldn't want my son taking his moral compass from Urban Meyer.

Don't know anything about him personally to say if he's a good husband or father. Surely a great, successful coach. I think he fits in the category of alot of coaches, he believes the ends justify the means and is willing to overlook some things if it begets more success.

2 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don't think you can look at his arrest records at Florida, or this current situation and claim he's a leader of young men. I wouldn't want my son taking his moral compass from Urban Meyer.

Don't know anything about him personally to say if he's a good husband or father. Surely a great, successful coach. I think he fits in the category of alot of coaches, he believes the ends justify the means and is willing to overlook some things if it begets more success.

I watched the ESPN special on Meyer from a few years ago and his family and it was great. I’d advise anyone to watch it.

It seems to me that when a guy quits a job like HC at Florida when he’s one of the best coaches in the nation because the stress is literally killing him, that he’s thinking of his family and his daughters.

He consulted his entire family before taking the job at OSU, his daughter even wrote him a letter about her worries with him becoming a HC again and made him sign a contract/promise or something that he wouldn’t get as stressed out in Ohio as he did inFlorida. 

From what I can tell from that piece - and yes, it’s just an ESPN documentary- is that he’s a great husband and father.

The arrest records are complicated. For 1, an arrest record does not equate to a conviction record, which is what really matters. A lot of times people are falsely accused and wrongfully arrested.

In one way these HC’s at major universities are being tasked with being a coach, father and mentor to young men, many of which, have had no male figure in their entire lives show them any direction.

That’s a tall task to ask of someone and they can’t supervise hundreds of players every year and 24/7. Young men are going to do dumb things and make mistakes, I know I have, as have most of you but unlike some of these athletes, we had our parents who were there for us when we went down a wrong path.

Like I said, HCs all sure do make mistakes, but in some cases they’re trying to balance being the first and only male figure for many athletes with trying to win games to keep their job and provide for their own families.

Yes, it’s all part of the job but I think the fact that almost every major program has these same issues with arrests/other things - just look at Miami from the 80s to the mid 2000s - shows how impossible it is to be responsible for a 100 or so 18-23 year old men and to keep them out of trouble and on the right path.

They're also stuck between disciplining the players who get in trouble, winning games and mentoring them/teaching them the right direction in life. It’s a nearly impossible task.

Well Matt Jones just fumbled for Philly, maybe McCloughan will convince the Browns to sign him, if not, he better look to the CFL or XFL for a job because his next one won’t be in the NFL. It’s just unbelievable to me how someone can have such an issue that’s worked on ball security like crazy since his rookie year.

Oh, and this just in... Gregg Williams is still a hell of a defensive coach! The Browns D looks much improved. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well Matt Jones just fumbled for Philly, maybe McCloughan will convince the Browns to sign him, if not, he better look to the CFL or XFL for a job because his next one won’t be in the NFL. It’s just unbelievable to me how someone can have such an issue that’s worked on ball security like crazy since his rookie year.

Oh, and this just in... Gregg Williams is still a hell of a defensive coach! The Browns D looks much improved. 

Yeah, missed this post. The Browns D is looking pretty good

• Like 1