Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He could’ve left the defense alone and never made the stupid McNabb trade. He created his own mess. The same way he did in Denver. 

Exactly, while I embraced the switch to the 3-4 because I wanted a defense like the Steelers, that was soely Shanahan’s Call in 2010!

Also, don’t forget that he wasn’t the GM for the Broncos super bowl teams. After they won the super bowl then he gained total control of the football decisions in Broncos and eventually he couldn’t fill the talent, particularly on defense, ring a bell? Oh yes, that’s exactly what happened in DC!

Shanahan = good coach (particularly on offense) but not good in player acquisition and the draft except for finding running backs.

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Like when he won 2 Super Bowls?

He didn’t build those teams as the GM, he coached them. The Broncos had a GM in the 90s, John Beake. He was gone after 98 and Shanahan assumed control over total football operations and they never won another super bowl throughout last decade when he was the HC.

All Lavar & I Are saying is that Shanahan doesn’t get a pass. It seems you want to give him a pass for having a losing record as Skins HC, being poor at drafting, and only having one winning season as HC. That’s not acceptable! His firing was justified unlike someone like Marty Schottenheimer. It wasn’t working.

It wasn’t all his fault, but he shares blame along with Allen & Snyder.

Edited by turtle28

Shanny was a very good coach perhaps even a hall of fame coach before he laid down with the dogs in Ashburn. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3hcWGCN2-mrk4vk_A6zF

The ownership, structure and staff were all wrong to be a winning organization. I have zero doubt if Marty would have stayed we would have been in a Conference final because he stood up and told Danny what it needed to be to win. shanahan  could have also taken us to one too. 

my disappointment and fear is that we won’t ever win another super bowl with Danny boy as our owner. As a fan base we see victory as getting to the playoffs. As the years go by Danny is continuing to build his resume as the worst owner in professional sports . 

Douchebag+wind_2c002c_4036039.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Shanny was a very good coach perhaps even a hall of fame coach before he laid down with the dogs in Ashburn. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3hcWGCN2-mrk4vk_A6zF

The ownership, structure and staff were all wrong to be a winning organization. I have zero doubt if Marty would have stayed we would have been in a Conference final because he stood up and told Danny what it needed to be to win. shanahan  could have also taken us to one too. 

my disappointment and fear is that we won’t ever win another super bowl with Danny boy as our owner. As a fan base we see victory as getting to the playoffs. As the years go by Danny is continuing to build his resume as the worst owner in professional sports . 

Agreed. See my sig

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Great post! Thank you!

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

As the years go by Danny is continuing to build his resume as the worst owner in professional sports . 

Still a long way to go to rank up there with guys like Donald Sterling.

Heck, it's arguable whether he's the worst Redskins owner (go back and look at George Preston Marshall's history).

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That HOF QB and RB never won a SB without him either.

I never argued Shanny wasn’t a good coach but he certainly wasn’t one as a Redskin. Whatever the reason may be the only time he had a good season was when Robert was playing well. Other than that it was a very bad tenure. Like awful bad. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I never argued Shanny wasn’t a good coach but he certainly wasn’t one as a Redskin. Whatever the reason may be the only time he had a good season was when Robert was playing well. Other than that it was a very bad tenure. Like awful bad. 

He also was awful as a personnel decision maker which was obvious from about 2003/2004-2013. That’s my main gripe with him is that he failed in that area other than, I really don’t like his personality and I think he always clashed with veterans - particularly veteran QBs - because it was his way or the high way and I don’t think that’s the best way to coach. 

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Finally, Donald got pppppppppppppppppppppppaid. 

Pretty sure the Rams are using the Chargers money too. 

People in the NFL News thread are acting like its a great deal.  I am crazy for thinking that is way too much money for any non QB player?  Even one as great as Donald?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

People in the NFL News thread are acting like its a great deal.  I am crazy for thinking that is way too much money for any non QB player?  Even one as great as Donald?  

No, you're not.  Texans went 2-14 with a JJ Watt in his prime (played all 16 games).

• Like 1