Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 8/25/2018 at 3:06 PM, Woz said:

However, this is by far and away the biggest point.

Thanks for all the homework done on the candidates. I agree Harbaugh won’t come (a lot of guys turned down interviews here) and that Shaw loves Stanford. Basically all of Snyder’s tenure has been luring the big name than grabbing anyone who would take the job after the big name flamed out. Marty?, Spurrier?, Gibbs?, Zorn ?, Shanny?, Gruden,?

On 8/27/2018 at 7:32 AM, bigdog44 said:

I agree Harbaugh won’t come (a lot of guys turned down interviews here)

Snyder's only one part of the equation. Allen is the other.

Harbaugh is likely going to want near total control (a mistake, but that's what he'll demand). I don't see him agreeing to keep Allen around since Bruce already shivved one guy.

DeFilippo and Wash are a pair of guys to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Brucey and Danny Boy pushed for Mr. Heisman.  That set Shanahan up to fail. 

While perhaps true (again, I maintain the knee injury had more impact than you do), that is different than the outright shanking of McCloughan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woz said:

DeFilippo and Wash are a pair of guys to keep an eye on.

Even though Coughlin built the defense and Marrone (same high school as me) has a hand in it I’d give Wash a shot. The reason I think it won’t happen is the same reason why I want it to: Snyder hasn’t hired a defensive minded head coach since Schottenhiemer. 

53 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I prefer a defensive minded head coach and then give the offense to Cavanaugh

my first pick is totally unrealistic - Gregg Williams. With him, spa camps, political correctness, and playtime is over 

Williams would probably not even pick up the phone for Dan Snyder. He interviewed for the job after Gibbs left. I assumed he had the job being he was our D coordinator coming off a pretty damn good run after Sean past. Snyder then hired Jim Zorn

16 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Brucey and Danny Boy pushed for Mr. Heisman.  That set Shanahan up to fail. 

Shanahan bears responsibility as well. In 4 seasons he only had 1 winning season and it just so happened to be with Mr. Heisman as his qb. In 2010 he went along with the McNabb trade despite his son telling him he didn’t fit the offense well. Kyle wanted his daddy to sign Bulger to start, have Grossman back him up and draft someone to develop.

2011 he dumped McNabb - he could do that unilaterally bc he had final say over football operations - and the defense got better but bc Grossman was the QB the offenss and had more turnovers, we lost more games.

He staked his reputation on Grossman and Beck! Well his reputation went to ish.

Let’s not forget under Shanahan our defense sucked every year but in 2011 when Bowen, Cofield, Carriker, Orakpo, Josh Wilson, Landry and Atogwe were healthy most of the year. Then, they franchised Fred Davis over Landry which was stupid! Smoke Dog Fred smoked himself out of the league and Landry went on to have a few more good season and I believe a pro bowl season in Indy.

He didn’t handle the RG3 injury properly as a HC. The HC determines who plays, no one else and again, he had final say which was proven by when he cut McNabb who Allen & Snyder wanted to keep.

2013 was going to be a bad year no matter what but again he as the HC had control of his roster. He didn’t need to start RG3 week 1, but he gave into public pressure, pressure from the 23 year old Qb and pressure from ownership when RG wasn’t ready to start.

And let’s not act like 2013 would’ve been any different if Kirk had started. Kirk at the end of 2013 & in 2014 is the one we would’ve gotten. Throwing for 250 yards a game but equal TDs to ints abd every few games having a 3 to 4 int game.

2013 RG3 wasn’t awful the entire season, is was downright special in a few games like vs San Diego & Chicago and was the QB for Garcon’s record setting reception season.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Shameless self promotion on my new side project:

As someone who basically swore off the music industry in 1997 (I objected to them suing their consumers over MP3s), I will be curious to see this. Definitely wouldn't mind a guided tour of the R&B/rap scene because that wasn't really music timeframe of choice. By that, I mean I found myself always listening to music 15-20 years older than what was current (oldies growing up, got into 80s music right before I swore off the music industry, etc.).

I look forward to the education.

Of course, if some of you would get involved with my side project, it would be nice as well (see NFL General).

• Like 1