TCMD War Room

bcb1213

Hi ya'll running the team again for this years version

Questions as we head in

I Assume we want to dump Lawson and maybe Davis for cap space.  Mosley too?

Should i look into prices for Carr and Rodgers, and if so what should we be willing to give up for either

Maybe see who we can get at LB before cutting MosleyZ if we can get Deion Jones than im ok cutting him. Otherwise I say keep him.

Rodgers I’d do some conditional type trade. 2nd this year a 2nd next year that goes to a 1st if he doesn’t retire.

Carr a mid round pick for if we can’t get Rodgers 

I don't know if it is unethical for me to be involved here but who cares!

Try to restructure Mosley's contract to meet your liking, first.  If not, take Bobby's suggestion, sans player name.

Fan's trade value for qb may be tricky but I wish you a good luck.

Edited by JetsandI

19 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

No keep Mosley. i don't know why the hate on him so much. I guess people forget what it is like NOT having a good MLB. 

Yea I don't get it either. he was voted to the Pro bowl. by NFL Played & coaches this year. So who are you going to listen to players & coaches or guys who don't know what he is talking about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Yea I don't get it either. he was voted to the Pro bowl. by NFL Played & coaches this year. So who are you going to listen to players & coaches or guys who don't know what he is talking about.

Tyler Huntley made the pro bowl.....

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

When we don’t have good LBs after him. Don’t think we can afford to cut him. Restructure maybe by extending him and making his salary quite a bit less this year.

In this particular scenario, Mosley would be replaced by either a cheaper FA or draft pick.  Again, it is not that Moseley is a bad FB player but he is certainly not worth a $21.5M cap hit next year.  I don't think we can afford to keep him.  I find this argument from you a little funny because you are the one who undervalues LB's yet you want to keep a less than stellar LB for $21.5M which could be used to fix OL?  Get a vet QB?

But, hey, lets renegotiate and keep paying Mosley even if he may not be on the team in the next couple of years.  That always works out great. 

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

He will count $21.5M against the cap.  A cap that as of this moment we are over.  What is not to get?

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

He will count $21.5M against the cap.  A cap that as of this moment we are over.  What is not to get?

That's not the only option though with him. We could easily give him a 2 year extension and spread his money over those years and he gets like 12mill a year instead. Saving us 8mill this year but still having a good LB.

I mean I think some need to realize that we actually have no starting LBs on this team if we cut Mosley. Where are we getting 3-4 Starting LBs? Go look at the FA class. Quincy is a FA (Not worth a HUGE contract like some think he will get), Kwon is a FA. And everyone after that isn't starting caliber under contract. Cut Mosley and now we have 0 starting LBs. Not exactly ideal for a team that's supposed to have a top D.

Cutting our defensive leader, Captain for me isn't happening.

Re-structure the guy. He's earned an extension after his play these last 2 years. And he knows he isn't worth that cap hit. So he IMO would be willingly to move that money over years if he gets an extension to guarantee him a more team friendly deal to finish his career.

This is also more likely if we get a Rodgers. Guys are A LOT more likely willing to move money around when it's a win now situation. 

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That's not the only option though with him. We could easily give him a 2 year extension and spread his money over those years and he gets like 12mill a year instead. Saving us 8mill this year but still having a good LB.

I mean I think some need to realize that we actually have no starting LBs on this team if we cut Mosley. Where are we getting 3-4 Starting LBs? Go look at the FA class. Quincy is a FA (Not worth a HUGE contract like some think he will get), Kwon is a FA. And everyone after that isn't starting caliber under contract. Cut Mosley and now we have 0 starting LBs. Not exactly ideal for a team that's supposed to have a top D.

Cutting our defensive leader, Captain for me isn't happening.

Re-structure the guy. He's earned an extension after his play these last 2 years. And he knows he isn't worth that cap hit. So he IMO would be willingly to move that money over years if he gets an extension to guarantee him a more team friendly deal to finish his career.

This is also more likely if we get a Rodgers. Guys are A LOT more likely willing to move money around when it's a win now situation. 

1.  he's already signed through next year through last years restructure, so now you're talking about pushing his salary further into his age 34 year

2.  With the 17 mill saved, you could sign 2 LB.  Turn him into two starting LB and with how often teams play nickel vs base... it's not a bad idea

I think it really comes down to if we can land a big QB.  If so, we can't afford mosely.  If we don't, then he probably stays

Edited by bcb1213