TCMD War Room

bcb1213

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

OK I restructured mosely Reed and Tomlinson 

Cut berrios, will parks, hardee and C Davis 

If I'm mathing right gives me 9 mill or so for free agency after adding Carr 

Depending on what I can get at safety. May cut whitehead too 

I would have preferred to cut Lawson and leave Tomlinson’s contract as is. I really want him gone next year. 

On 2/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, bcb1213 said:

Alright, we picked up Carr for a 6th

I know he's a free agent in real life but rather not get into a bidding war on here .  Unfortunately that pretty much eliminates making any free agent moves so it's going to be a pretty boring tcmd unless we post june cut Mosley

*fart noise*

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

OK I restructured mosely Reed and Tomlinson 

Cut berrios, will parks, hardee and C Davis 

If I'm mathing right gives me 9 mill or so for free agency after adding Carr 

Depending on what I can get at safety. May cut whitehead too 

I’d cut Lawson too.

We have a little less than two and a half months before the draft. And there is no way we can go into the draft without a starting QB. I think Carr, will make a move in less than a month, but Rodgers is another story this could linger for two months. He is going to look for the best possible place for him to land. And if Rodgers is not happy, he will retire. At his period of time, I don't think Woody & Doughlas can do a dam thing. How the hell did we get in this mess O YEAH ZACKS WIILSON.

8 hours ago, xrade said:

I would have preferred to cut Lawson and leave Tomlinson’s contract as is. I really want him gone next year. 

Oh I cut Lawson too.  I'm going after a LB, S, and WR in free agency stage one.  Can't afford any huge names 

Edited by bcb1213

Many of the players on the Jets are FA's which mean that they will not count against the cap going into 2023-24 season.

These players are: Cedric Ogbuehi (OT), George Fant (OT), Mike Remmers (OT), Dan Feeney (OG), Nate Herbig (OG), Conor McGovern (C), Mike White (QB), Joe Flacco (QB), Ty Johnson (RB), Solomon Thomas (DE), Vinny Curry (DE), Nathan Shepherd (DE), Sheldon Rankins (DT), Marcell Harris (LB), Quincy Williams (LB), Kwon Alexander (LB), LaMarcus Joyner (FS) and Greg Zuerlein (K).

There are a few I would like to see the Jets resign like Rankins, QW, Zuerlein, Herbig, and perhaps KA at LB.

The Jets need to move on from McGovern, and draft a plug and play C, just as the Jets need to draft a plug and play T.

QW may cost too much, and we could have to move on from him as well rumor has it he wants double digit millions. See Ya!

So there will be cap money available, as well as cuts we can make like Lawson. The Jets have enough talent to cover for him in Clemons and Johnson at DE and they are both better at being run stoppers. Something that Lawson lacks, Lawson is a one trick pony and we have that in Huff who deserves more time. 

Our LB corps is weak and the question has to be asked do we pay Moseley who is "okay" or do we restructure him and pay him over a 2-3 year period and absorb some of his contract to make more cap space going into 2023-24 season.

QW's is going to eat up some of that money, so if it comes down to Lawson or Q, this is a no brainer. Lawson is not the second coming of JJ WATT or Mark Gastineau.

The Jets need to free up close to 60 million. FA's and Cuts will do that.

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel like @Big Tand @doumeyerneed to be told that this is just a fake off-season that is run. It’s not real. So no sense of debating yoir opinions on here too much. It’s just like a mock off-season with regular guys as GMs

No question this off season is insane, too much fake news, the big problem is the Jets have their biggest problem in their history, and this is something we can't fix with draft picks no starting QB on their roster. The entire 2023 season will be destroyed if we don't come up with a QB. and that is a fact. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

No question this off season is insane, too much fake news, the big problem is the Jets have their biggest problem in their history, and this is something we can't fix with draft picks no starting QB on their roster. The entire 2023 season will be destroyed if we don't come up with a QB. and that is a fact. 

We will get one. Be sure of that. It is all matter of which one. Regardless of who it is, it could not be any worse than the 2022 season.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

We will get one. Be sure of that. It is all matter of which one. Regardless of who it is, it could not be any worse than the 2022 season.

I hope so xrade, this thing Hads me really worried, After our great draft last year to blow the season because of not having a good QB is unacceptable...

Edited by doumeyer

53 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I hope so xrade, this thing Hads me really worried, After our great draft last year to blow the season because of not having a good QB is unacceptable...

Look at it this way, Carr is visiting this weekend. I almost expect to hear we signed him on Monday. We are linked to Rodgers and Tanny. The point is that JD is searching and Woody is signing off on anything. We will have a real starting QB this season. 

5 hours ago, xrade said:

As long as we are not stuck with him beyond 2023.  Well done, sir. 

But dead money is bigger for 2024 which won't affect this mock.   I believe Jets have Brown, Lawson and Whitehead on the roster at the moment.  If so, they are easily candidates for Sign and Release Strategy in TCMD.  Tomlinson not much.