TCMD War Room

bcb1213

I don't know why people are all worried about the salary cap. WHO CARES!!!!! These guys work magic all the time and get under the cap. There are tons of was getting around it. The cap was created to level the field for all teams. The problem is there are too many loop holes now and most teams take a hit one year and are free and clear after. So I personally don't care what these guys get. Mosley should be on this team. I remember the days when you had a bad MLB and nothing worked on the D. Mosley is the best MLB this team has had since Marvin Jones.

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't know why people are all worried about the salary cap. WHO CARES!!!!! These guys work magic all the time and get under the cap. There are tons of was getting around it. The cap was created to level the field for all teams. The problem is there are too many loop holes now and most teams take a hit one year and are free and clear after. So I personally don't care what these guys get. Mosley should be on this team. I remember the days when you had a bad MLB and nothing worked on the D. Mosley is the best MLB this team has had since Marvin Jones.

Irl yes. For the sim it's basically extension or cut.  David Harris and Demario Davis feel disrespected btw 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree with Jetfule34 he 100% right.

42 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Like I said. Probably will but if it comes down to a Rodgers /Carr or Mosley to make the cap work I'm taking the qb 

In that case yes…. But I wouldn’t cut him unless you have to. Cut all others like Lawson, Davis, Berrios and there’s a ton of guys that can be cut that save like 2mill a piece like Davis, Hardee and such. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And how dumb were we to not pay and keep Davis?

Just keep Mosley

Correct me if I am wrong, but Davis did not really become good until he left the Jets. I don’t know if it was the system or he was just a late bloomer, but the DD that dominated in NOLA was not the guy we let walk. 

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but Davis did not really become good until he left the Jets. I don’t know if it was the system or he was just a late bloomer, but the DD that dominated in NOLA was not the guy we let walk. 

We let him walk when we switched from 3-4 to 4-3. Said he didn’t fit the new system. Same when we let Vilma walk when we switched from a 4-3 to 3-4.

Should’ve kept both. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Sort of.   Jets disliked him because of poor coverage skill set.  For some reason, his pass coverage picked up in NO as he played larger space on the field.  Weird.

Poor scouting I suppose.

I think we can all agree that some players for what they are getting paid are over paid or have not performed up to the contract they received. 

We likewise know the direction the Jets have to go in if they want to free up money to sign FA's who will "really" make a difference.

While I love some of the moves JD has made in FA some of them have backfired terribly. 

JD IMHO should have drafted a C 2 years ago instead of signing a high priced C who has been at best okay, same can be said of last years T/G's who were terrible. 

So JD if he truly wants to catapult this years team into the OL stratosphere of Elite lines has to address the OL at C and T allowing the team to infuse talent for the next decade. 

No matter who the QB is, the line is terrible at this point, with players coming back from injuries and some who haven't played in 2 years. Our major question marks are not on D, but the O has to be addressed. 

Including if I may add another RB, our RB room consists of an un drafted FA (who is okay, a second year RB drafted in the 4th round who was underwhelming in year 2) and a stud coming off a major knee injury.  The traded RB from last year will be released. Not worth the trouble and a wasted draft choice.

Yes, we need a serious infusion of talent in the RB room.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, bcb1213 said:

Irl yes. For the sim it's basically extension or cut.  David Harris and Demario Davis feel disrespected btw 

Never was a really fan of these 2. Ya they where good but I don't think Mosley good. I think those 2 and Vilma are in the middle to upper middle. Marvin Jones and Mosley where on another level than them. 

Alright, we picked up Carr for a 6th

I know he's a free agent in real life but rather not get into a bidding war on here .  Unfortunately that pretty much eliminates making any free agent moves so it's going to be a pretty boring tcmd unless we post june cut Mosley