The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Is this a thing? I never saw this before 

Eagles are not actually saving cap space.  It would have added 25 million to the current number if they did not exercise these options.

OTC has both of them listed with the 1.08 base salary, those new salaries would have only kicked in if the Eagles did not exercise the options by the 25th.

All this is doing is changing those potential option salaries to dead cap down the road.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Eagles are not actually saving cap space.  It would have added 25 million to the current number if they did not exercise these options.

OTC has both of them listed with the 1.08 base salary, those new salaries would have only kicked in if the Eagles did not exercise the options by the 25th.

All this is doing is changing those potential option salaries to dead cap down the road.

That makes sense thanks 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

No.  If they did not pick up the option.

AJ's base salary would have gone from 1.08 million to 11.25 million

Reddicks base salary would have gone from 1.08 million to 16.25 million.

All this does is stop the base salary for this year increasing, and adds dummy money at the end of the deal.

Once OTC posts the contract update, I will post the two side by side.

Oh ok. Makes some sense now ty

• Like 1

Albert Breer

Details here from Georgia's Pro Day, where Jalen Carter didn't have a great morning. I know teams further down the draft board that are doing more homework now, in case he slides to them. Two NFL types on the ground told me Carter looked out of shape.

Let him drop to #10. 🙏
Edited by Nabbs4u

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If DownUnder is correct that means a lot of people are confused by this not just me lol

OTC has always been working with the 1.08 base salary.  

The additional base salary would not kick in unless that option is not exercised, and based on how Howie operates, and knowing the Eagles cap situation, there is no way they can afford to take on that additional 25 million in base salary.

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Let him drop to #10. 🙏

Would be crazy to take him at #10 at this point. The production is not there. The off the field issues are stacking up, and now him being out of shape for his pro day......just not worth spending a 1st rounder on him. Theres more hype around his name than anything at this point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Would be crazy to take him at #10 at this point. The production is not there. The off the field issues are stacking up, and now him being out of shape for his pro day......just not worth spending a 1st rounder on him. Theres more hype around his name than anything at this point.

I'll take the production on tape on the field over any of that persuading me not to sorry.

What off the field issue besides the race? Something millions and millions of people do on a daily basis. If found innocent or not responsible for the crash which seems to be where that's headed, what's the problem?

Having a bad Pro day doesn't negate his time in Georgia,  which was dominant!

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'll take the production on tape on the field over any of that persuading me not to sorry.

What off the field issue besides the race? Something millions and millions of people do on a daily basis. If found innocent or not responsible for the crash which seems to be where that's headed, what's the problem?

He couldn't even finish the drills due to conditioning.  Showed up 9 pounds heavier.  The combine was 13 days ago.  What the heck has he been doing.

Edited by downundermike

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You are talking yourself into wanting him being this dominant force in college. You have to realize he was projected to be a top 10 pick in the draft by the time the 2022 draft happened. His hype carried him this far, but lets be honest he would have been a gamble regardless of the off the field issues and pro day. I dont think the Eagles will nor should take him in the 1st round.

I’m out on Carter. You need to buckle down for about 6 months, get in fighting shape, perform well on these drills and cash a fat check. He’s all but promised that money and he’s watching it slip away because he’s being lazy. Just bad signs. And for that reason, I’m out. I know he’s just a kid but where is the support system? How can he be trusted once you give him multimillion dollars? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m out on Carter. You need to buckle down for about 6 months, get in fighting shape, perform well on these drills and cash a fat check. He’s all but promised that money and he’s watching it slip away because he’s being lazy. Just bad signs. And for that reason, I’m out. I know he’s just a kid but where is the support system? How can he be trusted once you give him multimillion dollars? 

Jordan Davis had weight concerns and lost weight for every important weigh in during his draft process. Carter didnt even try it seems like.

• Like 1