The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Jalen Mills just got released. If Bill can't make you a good secondary player no one on earth can. 

Think of how long that man has survived in the NFL vs where he was drafted....man has had a career most would only dream of getting as a first round picks lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Think of how long that man has survived in the NFL vs where he was drafted....man has had a career most would only dream of getting as a first round picks lol 

Yeah and he probably will still get signed again. I guess being versatile helps out with being bad also.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Oh i know i was agreeing with you that his longevity is impressive considering.

I always looked at him like a RedZone kinda player. Everything within 20 yards of the los, he is effective. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING gets beyond that 20....you better have someone beyond him who can cover some ground. We've had a few of those guys the last two decades lol

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

This is why CJ isn't signed. The safety market doesn't exist like he wanted it to.

Ya he is going to be really disappointed with his contract. At this point I’m assuming he will likely get a 1 year deal somewhere with a bit more money and try to see if he can get more next year. 

I don’t see anyone paying him 12-14 mil per at multiple years. 

29 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok hear me out:

CB: Slay

CB: Bradberry

Slot: Devon Witherspoon

FS: Maddox 

profit 

I love Witherspoon and was fully on board with him or Gonzalez being the pick at 10, but it’s hard to switch Maddox from slot when he’s already become so good in that spot.

Drafting Witherspoon after bringing back both Slay and Bradberry for at least the next 2 years would mean that he can’t play on the outside for 2 years (barring an injury). Eagles will probably feel they can get more out of a pick at 10 overall than just a pretty good starter in the slot for the first half of a rookie contract.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

49 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Sydney Brown from Canada, his twin brother plays RB for the Illini. 

I've read plenty of articles about him sir. I did forget he goes in that range. So i retract my statement from before. Sydney Brown will be there in the second and then Howie wont draft him to all of our disappointment.

I can almost see it happening again. 

I'm not against the trenches philosophy, but I'm against having such an inflexible philosophy. To the point of valuing backups over full time starters at some positions on the defense.

I get that they're not as important as they were, but to completely disregard them (S,LB) is what has prevented us of having a good defense, despite our often good to great D-Line. And the year we had solid players on all three levels our DC was incapable of taking advantage of them, so the point wasn't made anyway.