The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Pretty much explained for those who aren’t looking for a fight.  

I think the counter to that is chip kelly was a one trick pony whereas I trust sirianni and stoutland to be able to craft an effective run game with any rb they have.

Also people already knew the type of play that was getting run with henry every time he was on the field, and it simply didn't matter. I'd love to watch a year or two of him in midnight green regardless of if it's a good idea.

Edited by Daimonas

Not saying one or the other for Greedy. But asked the Browns forum what they thought and from what a poster told me, he’s an outside corner that when healthy could kick Slay or JB in. I mean, I didn’t want to argue but thought that was a little crazy. Noted we had one of the better nickels in the league and that didn’t phase him. Greedy is a starter if healthy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not saying one or the other for Greedy. But asked the Browns forum what they thought and from what a poster told me, he’s an outside corner that when healthy could kick Slay or JB in. I mean, I didn’t want to argue but thought that was a little crazy. Noted we had one of the better nickels in the league and that didn’t phase him. Greedy is a starter if healthy. 

From what I gathered, certainly didn't seem like performance was what put him on the bench. Was almost exclusively injury-related. His time-line seems to be: started 12 games and played well as a rookie, missed second season due to freaky shoulder nerve injury, season 3 played very well but missed time, season 4 they had drafted guys that played well and actually stayed healthy and he was the odd man out, and they didn't want to pay him anything significant for his role.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Have JB or Slay ever played the slot before?

Just now, ninjapirate said:

When traveling with a #1 from time to time ,I know Slay has. I'm sure JB has as well. 

Full time Slot, Nicole,  dime. Not happening. 

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

No idea. But the thought of Greedy taking a starting role from one of them seemed crazy. Just letting you guys know how they feel about him when healthy. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Hope they're right. Makes it even more exciting and something to look forward too 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

No idea. But the thought of Greedy taking a starting role from one of them seemed crazy. Just letting you guys know how they feel about him when healthy. 

Just read their comments.  Even Healthy, He isn't sliding to two CB we just gave massive contracts too, coming off AP years inside. 

Here's hoping He stays healthy and can instantly become CB4 on this current roster. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just read their comments.  Even Healthy, He isn't sliding to two CB we just gave massive contracts too, coming off AP years inside. 

Here's hoping He stays healthy and can instantly become CB4 on this current roster. 

I mean, if Slay hits a wall like people are thinking then maybe Greedy, if acclimated well enough, might take a spot. Who knows? The season could be a potential disaster and if Williams finds this to be a career revitalizing year, maybe be gets a second contract with us. Anything can really happen at this point but yea, far fetched to think he’s going to be anything but a backup outside corner with some high upside. 

42 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Man those guys in the Browns forum all really liked Greedy. I think every one of them called him a starter.

Injuries and scheme seemed to be his downfall thus far. We've definitely had our fair share of those types of players. Hopefully change of scenery helps.

Give that man a Smoothie as soon as he hits the complex!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I think the counter to that is chip kelly was a one trick pony whereas I trust sirianni and stoutland to be able to craft an effective run game with any rb they have.

Also people already knew the type of play that was getting run with henry every time he was on the field, and it simply didn't matter. I'd love to watch a year or two of him in midnight green regardless of if it's a good idea.

Still not the same.  They don’t like to run an offense with the QB under center and Henry isn’t as effective unless he’s getting the ball as he’s running.  I’d love it to, but it’s based on the cost.  Just not a fit in Philly.