The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Well, given that Henry details weren''t specified, it was stated it was a day 2 pick. There's no way Tennessee gets that for him. They'll likely get like a 4th if they pick up some salary, or a 6th if they don't.

Keep dodging. Ok a 4th rd pick? He costs us 1/2 his 2023 salary. Go!

Derrick Henry Cap Hit

Henry will count for $16,367,647 against the cap in 2023.

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gun to head, you are forced into picking one of the two options because Howie is making that deal or pick.

Who you got? 

Aging Top 5 RB beast with an expensive contract, probably a day 2 pick but a  horrible fit schematically?

Rookie RB using a 1st rd pick (even if trading down to teens) who by all standards might be the best RB the Eagles have seen in Midnight green since Brian Westbrook? Yes better then Shady!

Go!

That said, we will trade for Austin Eckler instead, watch.

Robinson and it's not even close

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Keep dodging. Ok a 4th rd pick? He costs us 1/2 his 2023 salary. Go!

Derrick Henry Cap Hit

Henry will count for $16,367,647 against the cap in 2023.

Danger wants to die in the hill as being the only person on the planet that thinks Bijan isn’t good. It’s a weird flex but ok….,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Danger wants to die in the hill as being the only person on the planet that thinks Bijan isn’t good. It’s a weird flex but ok….,

I didn't say he wasn't good. I said he wasn't generational, and that RBs don't win you games in today's NFL and thus it's poor resource allocation and teambuilding philosophy. 

This is gonna be what Pete stays on my butt about this offseason I guess.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I didn't say he wasn't good. I said he wasn't generational, and that RBs don't win you games in today's NFL and thus it's poor resource allocation and teambuilding philosophy. 

This is gonna be what Pete stays on my butt about this offseason I guess.

The people that bang the table for a RB at 10 have exactly zero history to fortify that decision in correlation to recent winning and they’re banking that Bijan is the Neo that changes the tide of the idea that RBs being increasingly relegated to round 2 picks only is the weirder flex to me. People are just behind on this. They’ll come around. At this junction in the NFL, I’ll take the stud G over the stud RB. 

• Like 2

Mile Sanders was the biggest RB fish in the free agency pool this year.  Why would we let a guy like that, who knows the system and the culture, walk only to turn around and invest a 1st round pick or picks and a lot of money in the position.   We might add a day 3 guy like Bigsby.  But I’m sure they are close to being done at RB.  They’re closer to being done than to making a larger move.  Like Bijan, Ekler or Henry.  I thought Philly fans were smarter than this.  The RB talk is over the top.   They don’t value the position like they do others.  I’m not saying it’s devalued to what the LB position is, but it’s pretty damn close.   They’ll bring a guy in to compete with Scott and Sermon.  But there’s been talk that they really like Sermon.  The best we can hope for is to either trade up for Will Anderson, or trade back and accumulate more picks.  Because this top 20 is as bad as I can remember.   When Nolan Smith is picked to go in the top 20, you know it’s a bad draft.  

And before someone comes with the “Bijan can help protect Hurts by taking carries away from him” talking point that WIP loves to drive into the ground.  The Eagles plan to protecting Hurts and reducing the hits is to have him pass more and run less.  That’s the Lurie playbook.  Use past history as an indication of the future.  It’s like some people just started to follow the Eagles.  It’s crazy.  

How many total players do you guys have 1st round grades on, in general, not specifically for the Eagles. I checked the other day and for me it was 21 players. I will echo the sentiments of 4for4, this is a weak draft at the top. 2nd round area is strong though IMO.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Danger said:

How many total players do you guys have 1st round grades on, in general, not specifically for the Eagles. I checked the other day and for me it was 21 players. I will echo the sentiments of 4for4, this is a weak draft at the top. 2nd round area is strong though IMO.

I think I had 18.  While I do have a 1st round grade on Bijan, I would not take him at 10.

On 4/22/2023 at 7:54 AM, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Can you send me a link of the top 10 with a FB thing? I've looked when you brought it up before and just now can't find anything. Only things I can find are him getting cut after 9 games and no grade on pff. I watched the titans closely last year cause of henry and only remember like 3-5 FB plays. Does a moving TE count as a FB?

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/tory-carter/57063

Still looking for the source I used when I posted this, will keep looking.

Titans were 4th in total plays ran with the QB under center, and 7th in running plays with the QB under center.

They were also 4th in the NFL for plays with a FB, 67%.

41 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Also, this site is still absolute dog**** on mobile. 

If you're referring to the recent increase in poorly placed ads, Webby's in contact with someone to try and fix that issue. If you're talking about an inability to post or check notifications on mobile. Try rebooting your phone. It sounds unintuitive, but I've done it before and it fixed the problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

If you're referring to the recent increase in poorly placed ads, Webby's in contact with someone to try and fix that issue. If you're talking about an inability to post or check notifications on mobile. Try rebooting your phone. It sounds unintuitive, but I've done it before and it fixed the problem.

It's the ads - it takes over my whole page and I can't do anything. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Mile Sanders was the biggest RB fish in the free agency pool this year.  Why would we let a guy like that, who knows the system and the culture, walk only to turn around and invest a 1st round pick or picks and a lot of money in the position

Because Bijans rookie RB contract would be a fraction of what Sanders signed for on APY basis?

Sanders is going into year 5, Bijan would be locked in for 5 years of CHEAP RB PAY! Asking why they would let Sanders walk to draft Bijan, that's why.

However Howie is not drafting a RB in the first,  least of all at #10. However if /when we trade back, acquiring multiple picks for this draft which might include a 2024 extra 1st, THEN if in the teens early 20's before Dallas Bijan Robinson is on the board, all bets are off. Then it would be a Luxury/BPA pick.

Edited by Nabbs4u