The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

12 hours ago, Danger said:

Remember how well that worked out for the Cowboys in 2020? Yeah

Y'all have short memories.

The cowboys were in the SB!?

We're not the cowboys and this is a Hurts lead team. I didn't say trade all our draft picks for the next 3 years. 

Regardless of what any of us think Howie's still gonna sign quite a few FAs to 1 year deals, probably snag 1 semi big FA, move all around the draft, and gamble some of the future away. It's happening no matter what

What I feel relatively certain in saying, is that in the NFC, we do have the best QB and when all is said and done, very likely at least a top 3 roster in the conference. Choose to make decisions based on those virtual certainties as you wish.

Edited by EagleBlueDon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

I think it's time to put the dinosaurs down and draft the new generation of stars lol 

We can still do both, just have to get lucky like Seattle , LAR and several other Organizations do in the later rds as well. Especially on defense. This team is not void of Youth.

AJ, Smitty, Goedert, Hurts, Gainwell, Mailata, Dickerson, Jurgens.

Sweat, Davis, Williams, Dean, Reddick, Maddox, (CGJ) 🤞,  McPhearsonBlankenship.

The entire 2022 draft class might play significant roles moving forward. Including Kyron Johnson and Grant  Calcaterra?? We just don't know how good yet they all will be?

Ideal world,  Kelce returns for an attempt at 1 more run and Jurgens plays RG for the 2023 season sandwiched between two HOF'rs.

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

I think it's time to put the dinosaurs down and draft the new generation of stars lol 

Ramsey is 28. Restructure Slay for one more year passed this one. You have those two for two more years together. Ramsey can get a new 4 year deal. Let Howie work his numbers a little more reasonable, once Slay is off the books, Jalens big money kicks in. 

Wagner IS 33 but is still playing at an incredibly high level. He’s missed one game in the last 7 seasons. Would be a great locker room and mentor guy. And he may come cheaper than usual if he sees we’re pushing for a big run. Dean plays WLB and Wagner at Mike. Pretty exciting LB core. And relatively affordable still. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Ramsey is 28. Restructure Slay for one more year passed this one. You have those two for two more years together. Ramsey can get a new 4 year deal. Let Howie work his numbers a little more reasonable, once Slay is off the books, Jalens big money kicks in. 

Wagner IS 33 but is still playing at an incredibly high level. He’s missed one game in the last 7 seasons. Would be a great locker room and mentor guy. And he may come cheaper than usual if he sees we’re pushing for a big run. Dean plays WLB and Wagner at Mike. Pretty exciting LB core. And relatively affordable still. 

My thoughts about Ramsey is with what money at this moment? Pretty sure we have enough to sign our rookies and a mid tier play. Dead money is 46 million I believe. Take that fact and add in replacing half your defense, RB, and paying your QB. It will take cap manipulation that will have us paying for lane Johnson in 2030. I know we will make some moves to free up space and get some pieces because our rentals tend to get paid well after....just hard to see. I mean it's February so it's easy to be both over optimistic and over pessimistic. Either way I feel we really missed our chance this year. Now it's time to get more young on the defense. The offense is set for a few years 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

My thoughts about Ramsey is with what money at this moment? Pretty sure we have enough to sign our rookies and a mid tier play. Dead money is 46 million I believe. Take that fact and add in replacing half your defense, RB, and paying your QB. It will take cap manipulation that will have us paying for lane Johnson in 2030. I know we will make some moves to free up space and get some pieces because our rentals tend to get paid well after....just hard to see. I mean it's February so it's easy to be both over optimistic and over pessimistic. Either way I feel we really missed our chance this year. Now it's time to get more young on the defense. The offense is set for a few years 

I laid it out. Lessen Slay’s hit with a new 3 year deal. You can wiggle out of it after 2. Ramsey is traded here, is making 17M or something for 2023? He signs a new 5 year deal, gets his bonus money, his cap hit through his first couple years is as minimal as you can make it. His big money doesn’t hit until year 3, Slay will be gone although I’m sure some of his money will still be on the books, Jalen will only be 31 and should still be playing at a decently high level. 

Im sure its a long shot but it could work theoretically.