The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

I was okay with losing pretty much everyone on the defense but CJGJ, that sucks. I don't trust Howie one bit with the draft but much less when it comes to the secondary. The only reason we had a good one was because we fell as.s backwards into a S and a #2 CB. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We’re arguing about being one play away from winning two SBs in 5 years and in the same thread complaining about Howie’s ability to construct a roster. Either some of you are really young or off-season fatigue has already set in.  

It's a wild time here right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

As my first post said, I am not blaming Hurts.

But, there is games where you just have to outscore the opponent, just as Nick Foles did when his defense could not get a stop.

You keep saying this but Nick Foles's Defense DID get him his stop, the BG Strip Sack FBL.

That singular play, probably won them that SB. Much like a singular stop or TO vs KC in the 2nd 1/2, would of as well for the 2022 Eagles.

You can not give up a  12-play, 66-yard drive ending in a TD that took 5:07 off the clock leaving the Eagles 8 seconds!!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Thank you.

If you don't have the dead cap issue last year, and knew it was an issue this year, you can sign Bradberry to a multi year deal.  You can sign CJGJ to a new deal right after you trade for him.

His MO of dead cap and 1 year mercenaries is not a recipe for sustained success.

I feel like I am going insane when I read some of this stuff lol.

There was zero evidence that said we should sign Bradberry to a multi year deal last offseason. That was made clear by the fact that no one offered him a multi year deal. He was an aging corner coming off a very down year. It just so happened that he came into the perfect spot and played extremely well this season.

CJGJ got traded for mid round draft picks and was being slotted into a brand new position that he hadn't played much in NO. He was a slot corner there and not a safety. Why on earth would we trade for and extend a player that we haven't even see play safety full time before? It makes no sense.

The "1 year mercenaries" aren't some massive issue. Borrowing money from the future to make your team better today is something literally every single good team is doing because there is no reason not to do it. Some of you Howie haters just expect way too much I am going to be honest. You will never be satisfied. Howie can build a roster that was literally 3 points from winning a SB and will make hindsight arguments pointing out mistakes that didn't even exist.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We’re arguing about being one play away from winning two SBs in 5 years and in the same thread complaining about Howie’s ability to construct a roster. Either some of you are really young or off-season fatigue has already set in.  

It's not fatigue it is simply unfounded disdain. People don't know why they feel the way they do so they start making up crap to fit their narrative.

1 hour ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

It took me this long to even want to talk football after the SB.  I see a decent team next year but definitely a step back.  10 wins.  

We posting like this before we have any idea of what our roster will even look like next season baby lets goooooooooooooooo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I feel like I am going insane when I read some of this stuff lol.

There was zero evidence that said we should sign Bradberry to a multi year deal last offseason. That was made clear by the fact that no one offered him a multi year deal. He was an aging corner coming off a very down year. It just so happened that he came into the perfect spot and played extremely well this season.

CJGJ got traded for mid round draft picks and was being slotted into a brand new position that he hadn't played much in NO. He was a slot corner there and not a safety. Why on earth would we trade for and extend a player that we haven't even see play safety full time before? It makes no sense.

The "1 year mercenaries" aren't some massive issue. Borrowing money from the future to make your team better today is something literally every single good team is doing because there is no reason not to do it. Some of you Howie haters just expect way too much I am going to be honest. You will never be satisfied. Howie can build a roster that was literally 3 points from winning a SB and will make hindsight arguments pointing out mistakes that didn't even exist.

Nothing he said was as a hater, it is valid criticism of his. He is far from perfect but the things he is good at, he is very good. Certainly no reason to have blind faith in him, he is not without his more than fair share of flaws. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Nothing he said was as a hater, it is valid criticism of his. He is far from perfect but the things he is good at, he is very good. Certainly no reason to have blind faith in him, he is not without his more than fair share of flaws. 

Coming from a self proclaimed Howie hater lol.

When you start throwing out arguments that don't exist I have no reason to believe your coming from a place of reason. Complaining about not signing Bradberry and CJGJ before last offseason(something literally no one complained about when the moves happened) is a perfect example of this.

And yes, Howie has flaws. The ones being pointed to on the past three pages aren't it.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

LOL.  Yeah.  I’m young.  Kinda like 20.  Let’s Gooooooo.  White Claws!!!!!!   No hatin.  

I know, right.   

1 minute ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Yeah WE is.  What’s the point of talking about anything yet?  LOL

I am sorry but it is comical you are claiming we will be a 10 win team before we can even sign an FA. Will we likely regress? Sure that is fair, but we have no clue what this team will even look like in 2 months.

I get that people love to go full meltdown mode in the offseason. It happens every year. That doesn't mean it makes it any better.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Coming from a self proclaimed Howie hater lol.

When you start throwing out arguments that don't exist I have no reason to believe your coming from a place of reason. Complaining about not signing Bradberry and CJGJ before last offseason(something literally no one complained about when the moves happened) is a perfect example of this.

And yes, Howie has flaws. The ones being pointed to on the past three pages aren't it.

I'm not denying that I am. But that doesn't make it any less true. 

I for one, not complaining of extending him during the season, but I will be if we do not extend him in the offseason. (CJGJ, I was aware that Bradberry was a one year rental because he fell into our lap).

His inability of adding to a roster to sustain a form of success is objectively one of his flaws, evidenced by the fact that he has never been able to do so and that he has gone through 4 coaches. Again, he is a master of the quick rebuild. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I'm not denying that I am. But that doesn't make it any less true. 

I for one, not complaining of extending him during the season, but I will be if we do not extend him in the offseason. (CJGJ, I was aware that Bradberry was a one year rental because he fell into our lap).

His inability of adding to a roster to sustain a form of success is objectively one of his flaws, evidenced by the fact that he has never been able to do so and that he has gone through 4 coaches. Again, he is a master of the quick rebuild. 

Yes. Howie can't sustain success. It's why we have been to the playoffs 6 of the past 7 years with 6 wins in the playoffs, two NFC championships, and one SB victory. Surely Howie has NO IDEA how to sustain success. None at all!

Like I said, some of you will never ever be happy. It just is what it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yes. Howie can't sustain success. It's why we have been to the playoffs 6 of the past 7 years with 6 wins in the playoffs, two NFC championships, and one SB victory. Surely Howie has NO IDEA how to sustain success. None at all!

Like I said, some of you will never ever be happy. It just is what it is.

That definitely does not paint the whole picture. You actually believe he is good at maintaining success? Serious question. 

Because people in here seem to go by season in their opinions, now I'm seeing he is not a bad drafter. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Because some fans dont see the bigger picture. Howie's roster construction is also the biggest reason why we werent a SB contender between those 5 years. We want to be a SB contender for a consistent period of time, but the way Howie constructs his rosters that will never happen. Some of you are happy just to get to the dance after X amount of years, and thats fine. You're used to losing and happy whenever a bone gets thrown your way. 

I say F that. We should strive for greatness every year. We should want our stadium to look like the Lakers and Celtics rafters. The Yankees, the Patriots, the Montreal Canadians or Red Wings, Barcelona, The All Blacks from Rugby.......

• Like 4