What I believe are the 2023 Steelers Off-Season Priorities

Steeler Hitman

so it seems that mitch is here to stay if we watch clips of people that have been speaking with Khan.  I thought mitch would be traded asap.  Good idea to  have a vet QB2, just not sure if mitch and his cap price is good though

7 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

I think it's more likely they would trade up to like #9 with Carolina by giving up their 17th and 49th picks

so NO then .  Imagien moving up to draft a player that eventually is arrested and behind bars for a while? Not a way to start is it

On 3/1/2023 at 7:14 PM, 3rivers said:

not sure if this is the spot to ask but here goes.  Will Weidl draft Carter if he is there at 17?   

As long as the off field stuff checks. He would most likely be the highest rated player on the board. It would fit need and BPA. Most definitely. 

On 3/1/2023 at 7:34 PM, 3rivers said:

so it seems that mitch is here to stay if we watch clips of people that have been speaking with Khan.  I thought mitch would be traded asap.  Good idea to  have a vet QB2, just not sure if mitch and his cap price is good though

I was not a fan of the signing. I think Mitch actually fits what the Steelers want to do. Early on Mitch did a good job of not turning the ball over.  He played overly conservative early on (I.E. played not to lose instead of playing to win).  He let it loose versus Tampa Bay and stole a victory.  He did the same thing with bad results against the Ravens in Pittsburgh.  He was a big contributor as to why they lost that game (turnovers).  

I think the Steelers win the Jets game with Mitch in there as well.  Long term he was probably not the answer despite the fact, I wanted the Steelers to stick with him a t least a little longer. That said, he is a back-up QB at this point. He could potentially be someone who could win a few games like Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich both did at times.  I am sure that they will try to extend his contract to get that cap number down. 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:02 PM, Raidersfan1 said:

I think it's more likely they would trade up to like #9 with Carolina by giving up their 17th and 49th picks

I disagree.  It makes more sense to trade down and try to add more quality in the top 100 players.  There just are not any once in a generation prospects or someone with a can't miss label.  They move up to 9th to get a CB, LT, or if DT like Carter. I prefer the number of quality picks versus a potentially quality pick (singular).  The Steelers could get a good player and then miss out on good players(s) plural. 

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee we aren't trading up.    Obviously there could be a player they fall in love with, but with all of our needs, the depth of players at positions of need, and lack of blue chip talent, I just don't see it happening.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 43M said:

I can almost guarantee we aren't trading up.    Obviously there could be a player they fall in love with, but with all of our needs, the depth of players at positions of need, and lack of blue chip talent, I just don't see it happening.

Agree. It's crazy to trade up if you have so few picks and need to fill as many holes as we do.