XFL Thread

N4L

Why the **** are there two leagues?  

Wouldn't the XFL or the USFL be better without both leagues or do guys literally play in both leagues?  Seems like it really dumbs down the product and still sucks that NFL teams cannot send practice squad of developmental guys to these teams like they did in NFL Europe.

Not to mention why play so quickly after the Super Bowl?  Wait till after the draft or even early May or June.  Seems like there could be small changes made to make it more legit and or interesting.  Great to give the guys another chance but seems to be losing steam with all the starting and stopping and changing of leagues the past few years in terms of minor league football.  

44 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Why the **** are there two leagues?  

Wouldn't the XFL or the USFL be better without both leagues or do guys literally play in both leagues?  Seems like it really dumbs down the product and still sucks that NFL teams cannot send practice squad of developmental guys to these teams like they did in NFL Europe.

Not to mention why play so quickly after the Super Bowl?  Wait till after the draft or even early May or June.  Seems like there could be small changes made to make it more legit and or interesting.  Great to give the guys another chance but seems to be losing steam with all the starting and stopping and changing of leagues the past few years in terms of minor league football.  

It’s all going to suck either way. There’s not enough left over after the NFL gets done. What they need is football with height and or weight limits. There’s some real talent in the players who aren’t big enough for the NFL.

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

It’s all going to suck either way. There’s not enough left over after the NFL gets done. What they need is football with height and or weight limits. There’s some real talent in the players who aren’t big enough for the NFL.

I disagree, football could be one of the deepest sports, if not really the deepest sport in terms of incoming talent in America.  College football is loaded with talent year after year and that is shown with how many UDFAs succeed in the NFL.  There is a crap ton of talent and a ton of players who get cut, there just has to be a reason or a connection to a NFL team to get fan interest and make the games more meaningful.  

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Both leagues are better products than college football

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Both leagues are better products than college football

giphy.gif

There is a reason college football teams make $31.9 million per school per year!  Not to mention you do realize how many college football teams there are right?  

Sure the players are better but honestly not even sure that is ******* true, take the best schools, there is no one in the XFL or USFL as good as the top players on the top schools.  So you a again....ya crazy if you believe that.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

giphy.gif

There is a reason college football teams make $31.9 million per school per year!  Not to mention you do realize how many college football teams there are right?  

Sure the players are better but honestly not even sure that is ******* true, take the best schools, there is no one in the XFL or USFL as good as the top players on the top schools.  So you a again....ya crazy if you believe that.  

I also prefer Courtney Barnett to Harry Styles as well, even though Harry is making a lot more money on his music

16 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I also prefer Courtney Barnett to Harry Styles as well, even though Harry is making a lot more money on his music

Georgia had five 1st round draft picks and will have a few more this up coming draft, you saying they could not beat a XFL team who has zero 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd or 4th round draft picks?  Who is the highest drafted player in the XFL?  What Vic Beasley as a 1st rounder and he is such a freaking outlier, what the next highest guy is a 4th rounder? 

Better product?  There is a reason almost zero people go to those games and in college football some teams can sell out a 100,000+ seat stadium.  

Edited by Ozzy

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Georgia had five 1st round draft picks and will have a few more this up coming draft, you saying they could not beat a XFL team who has zero 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd or 4th round draft picks?  Who is the highest drafted player in the XFL?  What Vic Beasley as a 1st rounder and he is such a freaking outlier, what the next highest guy is a 4th rounder? 

Better product?  There is a reason almost zero people go to those games and in college football some teams can sell out a 100,000+ seat stadium.  

I think college football is bad, and that means it is bad.

XFL is better

I will grant you that USFL kinda sucks, but i still like it better than college 

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

I think college football is bad, and that means it is bad.

XFL is better

I will grant you that USFL kinda sucks, but i still like it better than college 

hungover-family-guy.gif

Why have this game day atmosphere and experience...

michigan-stadium.jpg

When you can have this....

5ad2e3f9-4c1d-4f2f-afcf-1469dc9f035c-pic

Go ahead and be the antagonist for attention I guess.  At least that would make sense.  

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Its an XFL thread bro

Feel free to move along to the college football forum

The Rock bought the XFL when it went bankrupt for $15 million dollars!   Again $30+ million each college football team makes a year on average....

And you are defending it like it is some amazing league or something.  Again why can practice squad players and developmental NFL players not play in it like NFL Europe?  That is a massive problem.  I am all for football players development but if the XFL or USFL are not there for player development, then it is a total waste of time because sorry the product is not that damn good.  

College Football is the reason why the NFL is so popular because all the players come into the league already famous and pretty well developed.  Some need some more time to take that next step, would be great to have a NFL minor league, just not sure the XFL is that at all.  Hopefully it can be but again like I said you cannot have the XFL and the USFL at the same time because it is already a very diluted product.