2023 Combine-Who Are You Most Curious About?

Just Want A Title

21 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

DL and LB today. Interested in measurements, Jalen Carter's interviews, and watching the coaches. 

Keion White is intriguing.  He seems like a more athletic version of Cameron Jordan.  He seems to play with a lot of power but moves pretty well.  I think he used to play TE.

45 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Not going to lie, barring an injury, I'm disappointed by all the prospects sitting out drills. No competitive spirit. Makes me like Will Anderson more. He's doing DL and LB drills. 

I don't know if its about competitive spirit.  I think a growing number of prospects are concerned about getting injured during the pre-draft/combine process.  All of this combine preparation sometimes seems detrimental to their rookie-year performance.

3 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I don't know if its about competitive spirit.  I think a growing number of prospects are concerned about getting injured during the pre-draft/combine process.  All of this combine preparation sometimes seems detrimental to their rookie-year performance.

I think it's probably more competitive spirit/controlled environment. Advice from agents. Most of these guys will work out on their pro day and do the things they're being asked to do. That will give them more time to train and be in an environment they're more comfortable in with the intention of putting the best workout on tape. The risk being that if you have a bad pro day, that's the only workout you'll have in the draft process. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Most are opting to wait until their pro day where they control the narrative and environment. I don't like it. Like I said, if dealing with injury, that's different. But just to control the situation makes me question your competitive spirit. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Most are opting to wait until their pro day where they control the narrative and environment. I don't like it. Like I said, if dealing with injury, that's different. But just to control the situation makes me question your competitive spirit. 

^^^ This.

And I also agree. 

17 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Kancey ran a good time but tbh, I'm disappointed by how these IDL look out here. 

That's exactly why I was coming on here....

I just updated the DT's in my worksheet. We've got small guys with long arms (Ojomo, Pickens, B Young), big guys with small arms (Coburn, Ika) and a ton of sub 300 lb (Bresee, Kancey, Ojomo, Pickens, Redmond, Stills, B Young). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Kancey ran a good time but tbh, I'm disappointed by how these IDL look out here. 

This isn't a great year for DTs.  Bryan Bresee came in kind of light at 298.  A number of prospects had arm length below 33 inches.  It seems like Keeanu Benton is the most well-rounded prospect.  I haven't seen his 10-yard split but it will probably be solid.

Just now, Karnage84 said:

That's exactly why I was coming on here....

I just updated the DT's in my worksheet. We've got small guys with long arms (Ojomo, Pickens, B Young), big guys with small arms (Coburn, Ika) and a ton of sub 300 lb (Bresee, Kancey, Ojomo, Pickens, Redmond, Stills, B Young). 

I'm disappointed with Ika's shape out there. I understand he's more of a run stopper, but he looks sloppy. Maybe it's the smedium shirt they have him in. 

Kancey is fast, Still has the best bend, Dexter is more agile, but overall, none of them are top 20 guys. 

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

This isn't a great year for DTs.  Bryan Bresee came in kind of light at 298.  A number of prospects had arm length below 33 inches.  It seems like Keeanu Benton is the most well-rounded prospect.  I haven't seen his 10-yard split but it will probably be solid.

I'd take Beaton in the third.