2023 Combine-Who Are You Most Curious About?

Just Want A Title

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I was listening to the Move The Sticks combine review. They touched on linebacker. Neither of them feel that there is a 1st round LB in the group. They didn't seem overly impressed even with future Lion Jack Campbell. Just a note or a thought to share. 

I see Campbell as a late 2nd/early to mid 3rd. 

I have a late first rd grade on Trenton Simpson. The issue I have is projecting which team he goes to? 

The problem is, for me, this LB class is very boom or bust and there's only around 8 guys I feel are going to pan out (meaning last beyond a rookie contract). Last years LB class was much deeper. Hell, I loved Jack Sanborn, he went undrafted and balled out for the Bears, was arguably their best rookie last season (between him and Brisker). 

And it's not do to the combine, just watch game film. We need LB help, but there's a small window to grab your guy and if you miss, you've wasted a pick (i.e. Holmes wasting second rounders on injured DL). 

7 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Apparently, they have met with him at the Senior Bowl where he performed really well and at his Pro Day.  His combine number pop for sure.  I don't think he would be in play at 18.  It wouldn't surprise me to see someone draft him later in Round 1.  Right now most boards have him rated mid-late second round so we might have a shot at him.

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Apparently, they have met with him at the Senior Bowl where he performed really well and at his Pro Day.  His combine number pop for sure.  I don't think he would be in play at 18.  It wouldn't surprise me to see someone draft him later in Round 1.  Right now most boards have him rated mid-late second round so we might have a shot at him.

Unless we trade back and gain an early second I think 18 is the only pick he would be in play.  His combine numbers are similar to Travon Walkers that boosted him to the top pick.  It would not shock me at all if he is in the top 20.  Solid production and insane athleticism combine for someone taking a chance on you early.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

How many players do you think go in the first round? Only 31 picks this year. He's not a top 31 player to me. I'd be highly disappointed with taking him at #18. Love that John Dorsey preaches patience and to let the board fall to you. 

I wouldn't love it at 18 but also don't mind adding to the D line.  I don't think he is a reach at 18, at least not to the point of being a round or two before they should go.  Edge defenders always rise and go higher than expected.  I dont think he is a top 25 player in this class but between numbers and athleticism, I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out to be a top 25 player from this class.   

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

😂 Every player rumored to be going in the first round. 

Well guys are dropping from workouts/interviews and others are rising.  Its what happens this time of year.  Guys like Antonio Johnson and Brian Branch had disappointing combines and may drop to late 1st or second.  Last year at this time Tayvon Walker was a late 1st round pick.  It will fluctuate a lot and a lot of the guys you may have had in the first two weeks ago will fall out of the first and some maybe the second.  

That being said Keion White is one I havent heard much on before and am shocked to hear he may go in the first.  He is a third round prospect IMO. 

16 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Well guys are dropping from workouts/interviews and others are rising.  Its what happens this time of year.  Guys like Antonio Johnson and Brian Branch had disappointing combines and may drop to late 1st or second.  Last year at this time Tayvon Walker was a late 1st round pick.  It will fluctuate a lot and a lot of the guys you may have had in the first two weeks ago will fall out of the first and some maybe the second.  

That being said Keion White is one I havent heard much on before and am shocked to hear he may go in the first.  He is a third round prospect IMO. 

GBN Report has him at #24 on their Big Board.  CBS has him at #57.

https://gbnreport.com/2023-big-board-2/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

6 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

GBN Report has him at #24 on their Big Board.  CBS has him at #57.

https://gbnreport.com/2023-big-board-2/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

Daniel Jeremiah currently has Keion White at #27 on his top 50 Board.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2023-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-3-0

Even after a really good senior season,  a good Senior Bowl and very solid combine, Keeanu Benton still seems to be a bit under-rated.  He makes a lot of sense in the second round but I don't think he gets to 48.  He seems like exactly what the Lions need at DT right now:  a #3 DT who is solid against the run and pass that has upside.  He may be thought of as a "high floor" player but it seems like he has more upside that he is being given credit for.  His 10 TFL as a senior definitely stands out.

Edited by Just Want A Title

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/3/3/23622661/2023-nfl-draft-detroit-lions-visit-tracker-combine-top-30-pro-day

• QB Anthony Richardson, Florida (NFL Combine)
  • WR Quentin Johnston, TCU (NFL Combine)
  • WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State (NFL Combine)
  • WR Antoine Green, North Carolina (NFL Combine)
  • TE Sam LaPorta, Iowa (NFL Combine)
  • TE Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State (NFL Combine)
  • OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee (NFL Combine)
  • T/G Jordan McFadden, Clemson (NFL Combine)
  • LB Trenton Simpson, Clemson (NFL Combine)
  • LB Noah Sewell, Oregon (NFL Combine)
  • S Jammie Robinson, Florida State (NFL Combine)
  • Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State (Combine via Walterfootball)

• QB Aidan O’Connell, Purdue (Pro Day)
  • RB Evan Hull, Northwestern (Pro Day)
  • WR Ronnie Bell, Michigan (Pro Day)
  • OT Quinton Barrow, Grand Valley State (Pro Day)
  • DL Adetomiwa Adebawore, Northwestern (Pro Day)
  • LB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas (Lions LB coach Kelvin Sheppard at Pro Day)
  • CB Cory Trice, Purdue (Pro Day)

• QB Adrian Martinez, Kansas State (Top 30) - 6'3, 225, 23 yo
  • G Antonio Mafi, UCLA (Top 30 visit)
  • G Chandler Zavala, NC State (Top 30 visit)
  • DL Karl Brooks, Bowling Green (Top 30 visit)
  • EDGE BJ Thompson, Stephen F Austin (Top 30)
Edited by Karnage84

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/3/3/23622661/2023-nfl-draft-detroit-lions-visit-tracker-combine-top-30-pro-day

• QB Anthony Richardson, Florida (NFL Combine)
  • WR Quentin Johnston, TCU (NFL Combine)
  • WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State (NFL Combine)
  • WR Antoine Green, North Carolina (NFL Combine)
  • TE Sam LaPorta, Iowa (NFL Combine)
  • TE Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State (NFL Combine)
  • OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee (NFL Combine)
  • T/G Jordan McFadden, Clemson (NFL Combine)
  • LB Trenton Simpson, Clemson (NFL Combine)
  • LB Noah Sewell, Oregon (NFL Combine)
  • S Jammie Robinson, Florida State (NFL Combine)
  • Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State (Combine via Walterfootball)

• QB Aidan O’Connell, Purdue (Pro Day)
  • RB Evan Hull, Northwestern (Pro Day)
  • WR Ronnie Bell, Michigan (Pro Day)
  • OT Quinton Barrow, Grand Valley State (Pro Day)
  • DL Adetomiwa Adebawore, Northwestern (Pro Day)
  • LB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas (Lions LB coach Kelvin Sheppard at Pro Day)
  • CB Cory Trice, Purdue (Pro Day)

• QB Adrian Martinez, Kansas State (Top 30) - 6'3, 225, 23 yo
  • G Antonio Mafi, UCLA (Top 30 visit)
  • G Chandler Zavala, NC State (Top 30 visit)
  • DL Karl Brooks, Bowling Green (Top 30 visit)
  • EDGE BJ Thompson, Stephen F Austin (Top 30)

Just a refresher, we only drafted two of our top 30 visits: Aidan Hutchinson and Kerby Joseph.