2023 Combine-Who Are You Most Curious About?

Just Want A Title

4 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

This isn't a great year for DTs.  Bryan Bresee came in kind of light at 298.  A number of prospects had arm length below 33 inches.  It seems like Keeanu Benton is the most well-rounded prospect.  I haven't seen his 10-yard split but it will probably be solid.

1.79... which is.. not great... 

20 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm disappointed with Ika's shape out there. I understand he's more of a run stopper, but he looks sloppy. Maybe it's the smedium shirt they have him in. 

Kancey is fast, Still has the best bend, Dexter is more agile, but overall, none of them are top 20 guys. 

Siaki Ika's conditioning was the big knock on him.  Getting down to 335 is a big improvement but I suspect he may need a full year in an NFL conditioning program to unlock his potential.

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

So now that the official 40's have come through, updated speed scores

1) Kancey - 115.11 (Elite - top 5%)

2) Dexter - 113.25 (Elite - top 5%)

3) Breesee - 110.49 (Top 10%)

Gervon Dexter could be a solid rotational DT as a rookie even though his arm length isn't ideal.  He seems to move pretty well for a 310 LB DT.

Edited by Just Want A Title

A number of LBs nailed. 

Nolan Smith put up a 4.39 forty with a 1.52 10-yard split, 41.5" vertical and a 10'6" broad jump.  However, at 6'2" an 238 LBS is is hard to project him as a full-time EDGE/DE.  He could be in the mix at 18 or maybe a little later with a trade-back from 18.

Trent Simpson's number were really good as expected.  Combined with his production, he could and should be in consideration for the Lions pick at 18

Owen Pappoe showed had a 4.39 forty and 1.52 split but more of an off-the ball LB.  He isn't quite as explosive as Nolan Smith but that is rare speed for a LB that shows on tape.  He might get pushed into the 3rd round but could go in the late 2d round

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Edge looking alot better than the interior guys. 

Adetomiwa Adebawore had a really good combine With arms just a shade under 34 inches, 10.5" hands he has a unique build.  For good measure, he ran a 4.49 forty, a 37.5" vertical and broad jumped 10'5'.  His height and weight are a lot like former Lion James Hall but he seems much more athletic.