2023 Combine-Who Are You Most Curious About?

Just Want A Title

26 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Is that not what I did? I’m not gonna right a novel. I watch them both play and to me CG looks to be a lot better.  He’s better at just about everything on the field outside striking.  He’s bigger, longer, faster, more fluid, has better ball skills and is more dangerous with the ball in his hands. He has better hips and backpedal and mirror skills. He’s younger and again to me looks far more likely to have elite shutdown corner upside. Those are my personal observations , neither you or the rando’s at pff need to agree with me. Plenty of guy’s opinions I respect have Witherspoon #1, I strongly disagree 

It's fine that you think CG is better. There are plenty of people who do. I think what we take issue with is saying CG is far and away better than Witherspoon.

11 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

It’s a nice breakdown.  To be clear he said Gonzalez was by far the best corner in draft.

Physically - yes. He also said there were some plays where he'd be getting sat and having to earn his spot for the next couple of weeks. 

I do have a concern about DW's play style at his size. Throwing yourself out like a missile at that size feels like he's going to be battling injuries during his career. One of the reasons why we're so hard on Okudah was the fact that he was often injured and not available to play. I like the tenacity but he's going to have to play smart about it. 

41 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I was hoping he would fall to us.

Maybe the only pick that would make me lose my sha. I will be really disappointed if they take Witherspoon at 6 but at the end of day I still think he will be a good player just not worth a top 10 pick. Hooker would be a throw away to me. Other than that I just trust this organization right now

Edited by BigC421/

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

Maybe the only pick that would make me lose my sha. I will be really disappointed if they take Witherspoon at 6 but at the end of day I still think he will be a good player just not worth a top 10 pick. Hooker would be a throw away to me 

Why is that?

I

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

Why is that?

i don’t think he will be a top 15 NFL starter. I don’t think he’s worth a 1st rd pick if he was 22 and not coming off an injury. I just don’t see it with him. If he became the opening day starter in 24 he’d be the same age as Goff when he made his first Lions start. He has a double strike of being older and playing in a simplistic offense. There’s not a lot of time or reason to believe he’s going to pick up far more complex schemes or learn to read defenses. 

On 4/24/2023 at 4:48 PM, Karnage84 said:

Physically - yes. He also said there were some plays where he'd be getting sat and having to earn his spot for the next couple of weeks. 

I do have a concern about DW's play style at his size. Throwing yourself out like a missile at that size feels like he's going to be battling injuries during his career. One of the reasons why we're so hard on Okudah was the fact that he was often injured and not available to play. I like the tenacity but he's going to have to play smart about it. 

This is a great point.  I have the same concerns.  I have Gonzalez over Witherspoon but just barely.  

29 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I

i don’t think he will be a top 15 NFL starter. I don’t think he’s worth a 1st rd pick if he was 22 and not coming off an injury. I just don’t see it with him. If he became the opening day starter in 24 he’d be the same age as Goff when he made his first Lions start. He has a double strike of being older and playing in a simplistic offense. There’s not a lot of time or reason to believe he’s going to pick up far more complex schemes or learn to read defenses. 

I think he has the tools to be a top 15 QB, and I think his floor is a very good backup. I think his situation uniquely fits Detroit and a potential transition from Goff to a new QB on a rookie contract. He'll have at least a year to learn from Goff and Ben Johnson and strengthen his knee before he'll be expected to see significant snaps. Everything I've heard about his interviews is he has high football intelligence and he appears to love the game. His tape and production show he is capable of making quick and correct decisions with the football and his best play was during the biggest moments.

I was hoping the Lions could pick him up cheap because of his injury but seems he's rising the closer the draft gets. I was hoping he would fall to the 2nd or even 3rd but if the Lions trade down from 18 and pick him up in the first I won't be upset. 

His age is a non issue for me. He'll still be under 30 by the time his rookie contract expires.