2023 Combine-Who Are You Most Curious About?

Just Want A Title

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Explain....

He’s just a far superior player and athlete. CG is so much smoother of a mover , bigger, faster, better ball skills, extraordinarily higher upside.  He is a class above the rest imo.  I like Witherspoon and think he’d be a great pick at 18 but this talk of 6 is crazy he’s just not that caliber player.  He’s not head and shoulders better than guys like Banks and Porter

Just now, BigC421/ said:

He’s just a far superior player and athlete. CG is so much smoother of a mover , bigger, faster, better ball skills, extraordinarily higher upside.  He is a class above the rest imo.  I like Witherspoon and think he’d be a great pick at 18 but this talk of 6 is crazy he’s just not that caliber player.  He’s not head and shoulders better than guys like Banks and Porter

How do you quantify that? 

3 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

By bigger, I assume you mean taller? Because he doesn't play stronger than Devon. Especially on the line. Better ball skills? He's deflected more playing catch up, but it's because he doesn't jam at the line and has to use his speed to catch up, he doesn't shadow as well as Witherspoon who only gave up 3.3 yards per pass attempt. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Elaborate on it. You can't just say "he's a better player" and then not explain how/why you think they are. 

Is that not what I did? I’m not gonna right a novel. I watch them both play and to me CG looks to be a lot better.  He’s better at just about everything on the field outside striking.  He’s bigger, longer, faster, more fluid, has better ball skills and is more dangerous with the ball in his hands. He has better hips and backpedal and mirror skills. He’s younger and again to me looks far more likely to have elite shutdown corner upside. Those are my personal observations , neither you or the rando’s at pff need to agree with me. Plenty of guy’s opinions I respect have Witherspoon #1, I strongly disagree 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm sorry, I just can't believe anyone actually watched both players in depth and agree with what you just wrote. I'll leave it at that, because I don't want you to take this as disrespectful, but I don't care to read any more. 

Lol plenty of professional evaluators agree CG is the top corner in this draft. But PFF is superior I’m sure

12 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Is that not what I did? I’m not gonna right a novel. I watch them both play and to me CG looks to be a lot better.  He’s better at just about everything on the field outside striking.  He’s bigger, longer, faster, more fluid, has better ball skills and is more dangerous with the ball in his hands. He has better hips and backpedal and mirror skills. He’s younger and again to me looks far more likely to have elite shutdown corner upside. Those are my personal observations , neither you or the rando’s at pff need to agree with me. Plenty of guy’s opinions I respect have Witherspoon #1, I strongly disagree 

That's all I was asking for. Thanks for your insight.

8 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

It seems like a lot of folks think there is a wide gap between Devon Witherspoon and Christian Gonzales.  Is there a difference?  Possibly but it seems like folks are really talking about the style of play.  The age difference is definitely being downplayed even though it is a significant data point.  Another thing to consider:  Brad Holmes tends to take players with high RAS scores.  Christian Gonzales RAS:  9.96.

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Christian Gonzalez: 

Ronde Barber is breaking down his tape for the 33rd Team. There's two whiffs on tackles that he's digging into that he's not fond of. https://youtu.be/cvZXTJwgLgI?t=370

It’s a nice breakdown.  To be clear he said Gonzalez was by far the best corner in draft.

Edited by BigC421/

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

It seems like a lot of folks think there is a wide gap between Devon Witherspoon and Christian Gonzales.  Is there a difference?  Possibly but it seems like folks are really talking about the style of play.  The age difference is definitely being downplayed even though it is a significant data point.  Another thing to consider:  Brad Holmes tends to take players with high RAS scores.  Christian Gonzales RAS:  9.96.

I personally feel like it will be a moot point as I don't genuinely think we'll be taking a CB at #6. 

If DW just hit average numbers for CB's on top of his actual testing, he'd hit an 8.10 RAS. It's not 9.96 but it's good enough on top of his play.