Week 13: VIKINGS (9-2) at Falcons (7-4)

swede700

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

At least he helped take Minnesota to a Super Bowl-winning season in my NFL 2K3 sim league. I'll give him that. xD

Atlanta has a fire under them, trying to make it back to the playoffs in a historically competitive NFC South (the Falcons, Saints and Panthers could all potentially make the playoffs), and they're at home. Of course I want us to win, but I won't be terribly disappointed if we lose ... just as long as we take care of business in Carolina the next week. I think we need to win one of those games and then finish strong to secure one of the top two seeds.

I think we match up better against Atlanta than we do Carolina.

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think we match up better against Atlanta than we do Carolina.

If I had to make a pick, I'd actually say they match up better against Carolina...but, at least for this season, we seem to match up with everyone pretty well...except for maybe Pittsburgh.  xD

18 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

finesse defense, passing attack that's reliant on one passing option, bad OLine, pocket QB.

that's just a generalized way of looking at it. the individual matchups favor us I think too. 

Atlanta's offense is potent and has a lot of weapons. Sanu, Hooper, Gabriel, and Jones are all good in the pass game, not to mention the RBs in the screen game. Freeman is back, and that mean the Freeman/Coleman 1-2 punch will be a threat all day too. 

Hitting Matt Ryan is the best way to ruin their offensive flow. 

I don't know that I would call ATL a finesse defense either. Certainly not their S and LBs.

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Atlanta's offense is potent and has a lot of weapons. Sanu, Hooper, Gabriel, and Jones are all good in the pass game, not to mention the RBs in the screen game. Freeman is back, and that mean the Freeman/Coleman 1-2 punch will be a threat all day too. 

Hitting Matt Ryan is the best way to ruin their offensive flow. 

I don't know that I would call ATL a finesse defense either. Certainly not their S and LBs.

Really? I've always thought of the LBers as finesse. 

Keanu Neal is a very balanced player. I wanted us to draft him badly.

I think Rhodes will be fine against Jones. I trust Kendricks (if he plays) against Hooper. Barr and Newman can handle the screen game. I like Hunters matchup against Schraeder. I trust our Tackles vs their ends. 

The RBs will be a problem. Im not sure about Sanu vs Waynes or Gabriel vs Alexander. Mack and Joseph will be an epic battle. Their DTs are nasty.

Still, I like our matchup. Atlanta is a good team, and may be favored going into the game, but I believe we can beat them just as much as they can beat us.

I rewatched the 2015 game and both teams have definitely improved since then. Adam Thielen recovering the Onside kick to ice it FTW!

Big plays — 28 of ’em — have led to plenty of points — 75 of ’em — for the Falcons in the past three weeks. With Minnesota (9-2) heading to Atlanta (7-4) for a showdown against the defending NFC Champions, the Vikings will try to continue their limitation of explosive plays, which are defined as runs of 11 or more yards or passes of 15-plus yards.

The Vikings have allowed the fewest explosive plays (63) of any team this season, which has helped Minnesota rank second in run defense (75.5 yards allowed/game), 11th in pass defense (214.9) and fifth in total defense (290.4), along with fifth in points against (17.7).

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Limit-of-Falcons-Big-Plays-Could-Help-Keep-Points-Low/294cc970-aa2e-47a4-97bf-131439088a40?sf174887236=1

Starting right tackle Mike Remmers, who has missed the past three games because of a concussion, did not practice Thursday because of a back injury that surfaced this week. Second-year tackle Rashod Hill has played well in Remmers’ absence.

“I don’t think it’s bad, but we’ll see,” coach Mike Zimmer said.

“He’s a really good pass protector,” Zimmer said. “He’s got long arms and size. It’s hard to get around him. I think he did better in the running game last week.”

Remmers was the only Vikings player not to participate. Linebacker Eric Kendricks, who sat out Wednesday because of a hip injury, returned Thursday and was limited.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/30/vikings-special-teams-anything-but-last-week-vs-lions/

Archived