What should the Giants do?

THE DUKE

Who should be the Giants QB next year?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who slings the rock for the G-Men?

• Daniel Jones on a monster extension
    • Daniel Jones on a franchise tag
    • Drafted rookie on Day 1-2
    • Journeyman FA option with a rd 3-6 rookie being groomed

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They reportedly don't want to go over $12M APY for Saquan and they'll have to let him test the market now.

But is that APY number because of the money needed for the DJ Tag or the fact they don't want to pay him more then $12M a year? No RB is worth that type money mentality?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, they let Saquon walk and target Bijan Robinson in the draft, even if it meant trading up. Spend Barkleys money somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

But is that APY number because of the money needed for the DJ Tag or the fact they don't want to pay him more then $12M a year? No RB is worth that type money mentality?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, they let Saquon walk and target Bijan Robinson in the draft, even if it meant trading up. Spend Barkleys money somewhere else. 

They've reportedly refused to go over $12M dating back to their in season negotiations, if they were able to extend DJ I think they would've just tagged Saquan. If they lose Saquan they should replace him with someone like Alexander Mattison, Kareem Hunt, or Miles Sanders.

On 3/6/2023 at 5:24 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Schoen believes in positional value and has said he has a hard line in the sand for a RB.

Barkley isn’t testing the market, lol.

Whoever offers him anything knows that, best case scenario, they’re giving up two FRPs for him. I’d be floored if any front office even remotely entertains that. Why even waste your time negotiating and hashing something out when the price is going to be two FRPs?

Barkley’s going to hold out, play on the tag, or sign a deal with NY. Doubt he even goes anywhere to negotiate. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Barkley isn’t testing the market, lol.

Whoever offers him anything knows that, best case scenario, they’re giving up two FRPs for him. I’d be floored if any front office even remotely entertains that. Why even waste your time negotiating and hashing something out when the price is going to be two FRPs?

Barkley’s going to hold out, play on the tag, or sign a deal with NY. Doubt he even goes anywhere to negotiate. 

It is going to be interesting 

Barkley has a number of commercial endorsement in New York. 

That makes New York the city as important as the team

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

It is going to be interesting 

Barkley has a number of commercial endorsement in New York. 

That makes New York the city as important as the team

I actually think the opposite. He’s either playing on the tag or signing a deal in NY - pretty much drama free.

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Schoen believes in positional value and has said he has a hard line in the sand for a RB.

Call me stupid, but don't be surprised if a long term isn't reached with Saquon,  he doesn't  say 🖕, and hold out.

We are talking about a position (RB) where they get abused and used thier entire rookie deal, only to get *** with FTag. 

Just saying! He's not a fan on Danny Pesos right now. 🥃

Yeah... Giants can still trade him. I would absolutely hold out if I were him. Just do a Bell. Not worth risking it especially since the team is another year out as an NFCE contender. Schoen should trade him by week 8 or so if a deal can't be reached and the Giants are out of it.

Edited by WheatieMan

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Call me stupid, but don't be surprised if a long term isn't reached with Saquon,  he doesn't  say 🖕, and hold out.

We are talking about a position (RB) where they get abused and used thier entire rookie deal, only to get *** with FTag. 

Just saying! He's not a fan on Danny Pesos right now. 🥃

I don't think he resents Jones for signing his deal, but I agree with the rest of that. RBs get such a raw deal. If I were Saquon, I would not play on the tag.

Same with Pollard. Why would these guys play on a tag? It's ludicrous, you could lose 2-3x what you could have made otherwise minimum if things sour.

The blue print should be hold out for the first 5-6 games. See where the teams are in the standings. Cowboys and Giants will probably be 2-3 or 3-2 so that's not going to tell you much.

Then come back and play a 13-14 game season. If either team falls out of it, deal at the deadline ala McCaffrey.

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

Same with Pollard. Why would these guys play on a tag? It's ludicrous, you could lose 2-3x what you could have made otherwise minimum if things sour.

The blue print should be hold out for the first 5-6 games. See where the teams are in the standings. Cowboys and Giants will probably be 2-3 or 3-2 so that's not going to tell you much.

Then come back and play a 13-14 game season. If either team falls out of it, deal at the deadline ala McCaffrey.

I think Saquan and Jacobs get deals this summer but Pollard plays on the tag.