Manchester United Thread - Fred's a Red

UKTexans

On 4/8/2019 at 2:44 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

We're at least 2 transfer windows away from being close to competing for the title so I hope United fans don't moan when we don't sign 10 world class players in the Summer ....

You have about as much hope of that as I do that Arsenal fans won't moan when the club don't spunk 75+ million on a world class defender this summer.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Bailly stretchered off with suspected ACL tear. Price of Maguire probably just went up £10m ....

Didn't watch the game, but thats awful. Never like seeing anyone getting hurt in pre season. I'm still surprised that United didn't make a move for Alderweireld.

23 hours ago, kempus said:

Didn't watch the game, but thats awful. Never like seeing anyone getting hurt in pre season. I'm still surprised that United didn't make a move for Alderweireld.

Awful for him, but I've given up on him as a United player anyway. Really liked him early on but he's proven to be incredibly injury prone and just way too rash to be relied upon week in week out as a top CB.

It's not the sort of thing I like to put out, but my only reliable source for United news (barely ever tells me anything) claims that Maguire is already done and it's literally a case of waiting for the squad and staff to come home so they can take photos. I know - I said exactly what you're thinking ....

I bet nothing has been signed so if that is true, I wonder if Leicester are now trying to rinse United for more money.

On 27/07/2019 at 11:47 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Phone went off with an alert saying that Bruno Fernandes has a flight to Manchester tonight.

My twitter feed has been going nuts due to a video of him crying in a preseason game for Sporting yesterday. Apparently, this means he's likely on his way out.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don't think we played that well. We were getting battered before the penalty. Chelsea were so comfortable in possession in our half which is very difficult to press. Kovacic and Jorginho were pulling the strings and our midfield (Pogba, McTominay, Andreas) were so sloppy in possession. Chelsea deserved at least a goal in the 1st half alone; probably two.

Sure, 2nd half we carried much more of a threat going forward, but I still don't think we ever had what I would call 'control' of the game and Chelsea continued to create chances with relative ease.

It's a great result, however performances matter early on in the decision. Percentage wise, if we play like we did in the 1st half for the remaining 37 games then we're not going to win enough; that simple really and it starts with our ability to keep possession in midfield for me (Martial guilty of being dispossessed too).

The obvious bright points were AWB and Maguire. The latter was incredible and his leadership abilities are already on full display. Future United (and England) captain.

39 minutes ago, kempus said:

Kane might have something to say about that England captain part ;) Don't think Kane is going anywhere soon, he seems to love playing for England.

I thought Kane was at least 2 years older than he is until I read this. I was gobsmacked when I saw they were the same age.

So yes, you're correct - Maguire won't be England captain any time soon.

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I thought Kane was at least 2 years older than he is until I read this. I was gobsmacked when I saw they were the same age.

So yes, you're correct - Maguire won't be England captain any time soon.

Yeah, Kane broke into the Spurs team very young, hence why it seems like he should be older than he is.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its time to move on from DDG... He has been my favorite player since we got him when he was 19, but its clear that he doesn't want to be here anymore. The goals that he is letting in, and the mistakes that he is making are just not like him. No way would I give him 350k a week contract on current form. 

I think him having to carry the team the last 4-5 years has finally caught up to him. 

• Like 1