John Fox is still employed

G08

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think it would be really dumb of Pace to tie himself and Trubisky to Fox.

When they go 8-8 playing Foxy ball and Trubisky looks like a game manager that we spent 4 picks on, that is going to land on Pace.

I'd hate to lose Fangio/Donatell but at this point I just don't care anymore. Get me a legit offensive mind in here, whether that's at HC or at OC.

On 11/5/2017 at 1:14 PM, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else thinking Frank Reich might be an option? Wentz looks like a superstar and Reich has worked with him...Peyton Manning & Phillip Rivers...he has already interviewed for a few HC jobs around the NFL is well so he is clearly respected...would bring some of that KC offence with him as well.

I was on Reich back on page 2. ?

21 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

But we're not going 9-7, we're going 7-9

I looked at the schedule again and I think the best this team will finish is 8-8.  Only way I think Fox saves his job at this point is if they make the playoffs.

A lot of chatter out there from guys like Bernstein, Allbright and LaCanfora saying Fox's seat is red hot and he is likely gone at the end of the year. 

He had some telling stuff... it sounds like Mitch is taking this leadership and command of the offense very seriously. 

On the incompletion on the crosser to Cohen, apparently Cohen flattened his route too much (which is why Trubisky missed him).

Sounds like Mitch may get more authority to make checks at the LOS in the red zone, etc.

Should be interesting. I suppose, in theory, this is like a final exam for Loggains and the offense for Pace (at least that's how I would manage it).

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Adam Jahns was on the DaBearsBlog podcast and he does not think that Fox will be fired unless a ridiculous implosion happens.

David Haugh seems to feel the same way. I don't know how much information these reporters actually have, none of them expected Emery AND Trestman to be fired. I think the key to Fox staying is winning AND Mitch showing real signs of progress as the year continues. 

If Fox is 7-9 and Mitch plays well for his circumstances I can see Fox staying. 

That's what I'm saying... these dudes all seem too comfortable right now.

Curious to see how this team plays in the second half. I'm not in favor of cutting off my nose to spite my face... but do you REALLY want John Fox and Dowell Loggains in charge of Mitch Trubisky??

FWIW... Matt Hasselbeck is a big fan of Dowell Loggains, thinks that Fox put the handcuffs on him... he called him a bit of a Jedi Master/Ninja Warrior drawing up pass plays and pass protections.

Archived