O-heavy vs D-heavy Mock

Ward4HOF

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Offensive Heavy:

17 traded to LAC for 21, 158, 2024 2nd

21 - Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

32 - Anton Harrison OT Okalhoma

49 - Steve Avila OG TCU

this looks to help for sure but I don't want to give  up on Moore. 

I  don't have the chart for pick values, but the trade down is a steal if they actually get that, the additional 2nd next year  is major . All that for just moving down a few spots?  Thats a nice move, I hope they pull something like that off especially if the 2nd ends up being  32  33 ¬¬

Pace would be a nice late pick though.  What rounds does your simulator typically have Henley as well as Pappoe going ?

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I kinda like this concept @Ward4HOF so I hope you don't mind me piggybacking off your concept here to throw up two of my own offense heavy/defensive heavy draft.

Offensive Heavy:

49 - Steve Avila OG TCU

80 - Sam LaPorta TE Iowa

120 - Tre-Vius Hodges-Tomlinson CB TCU

158 - Dorian Williams LB Tulane

236 - Clayton Tune QB Houston

243 - Jalen Wayne WR South Alabama

Defensive Heavy:

17 - Brian Branch S/CB Alabama

32 - Traded to BUF with 243 for 59, 139, 2024 2nd, 2024 4th

49 - Andre Carter II Edge Army

59 - Garrett Williams CB Syracuse

80 - Keeanu Benton DL Wisconsin

120 - Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson CB TCU

139 - Ivan Pace Jr LB Cincinnati

236 - Stenson Bennett QB Georgia

Naw, man...not at all...

I like the selections a little bit better in the first one--I think Dorian Williams can be very good in this league, and of course, I love the first 3 prospects...but I also dig Branch, Carter, and Benton, sooo...tough to decide

and yeah, I think that 32nd/1st pick on Day 2 can be worth a lot...I bet Khan will have no less than a half-a-dozen offers for that pick, and should be able to squeeze a little bit more out of it than just the straight numbers equivalent on the chart!

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

Naw, man...not at all...

I like the selections a little bit better in the first one--I think Dorian Williams can be very good in this league, and of course, I love the first 3 prospects...but I also dig Branch, Carter, and Benton, sooo...tough to decide

and yeah, I think that 32nd/1st pick on Day 2 can be worth a lot...I bet Khan will have no less than a half-a-dozen offers for that pick, and should be able to squeeze a little bit more out of it than just the straight numbers equivalent on the chart!

I did the math on it and I got 50 more points than the value for each one of those picks.

Williams can be a hidden gem out of this draft.  I know @43M doesn't like these mocks but it's fun sometimes to do these split leaning heavy one way or another.  I really like our future of the offense with the offensive heavy, then 2024 FA we can use our cap space to go get some guys there.  But at the same time that Branch, Carter, Williams, Benton start can be one of those cornerstone of a defense for a decade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I kinda like this concept @Ward4HOF so I hope you don't mind me piggybacking off your concept here to throw up two of my own offense heavy/defensive heavy draft.

Offensive Heavy:

49 - Steve Avila OG TCU

80 - Sam LaPorta TE Iowa

120 - Tre-Vius Hodges-Tomlinson CB TCU

158 - Dorian Williams LB Tulane

236 - Clayton Tune QB Houston

243 - Jalen Wayne WR South Alabama

Defensive Heavy:

17 - Brian Branch S/CB Alabama

32 - Traded to BUF with 243 for 59, 139, 2024 2nd, 2024 4th

49 - Andre Carter II Edge Army

59 - Garrett Williams CB Syracuse

80 - Keeanu Benton DL Wisconsin

120 - Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson CB TCU

139 - Ivan Pace Jr LB Cincinnati

236 - Stenson Bennett QB Georgia

Pace is the only player I like in draft #2 Carter has zero skills. Benton's highlight film is vs Minn, Northwestern and Rutgers.  You watch him vs tOSU and Mich and it is brutal ( for him)

34 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Pace is the only player I like in draft #2 Carter has zero skills. Benton's highlight film is vs Minn, Northwestern and Rutgers.  You watch him vs tOSU and Mich and it is brutal ( for him)

Would you prefer M.Smith DT instead of Benton? 

7 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

Which is why I LOVE Nolan Smith for us.  He's a little light for the edge, but add 10 lbs, which his frame can accomodate, and he'll be just fine.  But he also has the skillset to fit our ILB, if needed, or if it turns out that 3-4OLB isn't the best fit, but IMO, I think it is.  Just read his profile...

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Nolan-Smith-LB-Georgia

Maybe not a ton of sacks, but plenty of hurries...

NO. He can't play edge. 6'3" 235 does not go up against 6'8" 365 with any reasonable chance of success. I feel comfortable with Dan Moore at LT against Nolan Smith. Like, quite comfortable. 

Not all bodies are the same. I say he's tapped out. Which is why I like him for his raw athletic tools in space as a 3-4 ILB. Really good pick at #32. Of course. No one cares for ILB and it does not translate to wins in any way, shape, or form. But I love ILBs.

Here's what you do... you take a 4-3 DE that can dip and dive. You look at him and go..... I project him to be a 4-3 OLB in the NFL. Because he ain't gona bull squsat. And then you go... oh, yeah, those are our ILBs. Because they can cover and blitz on twists and stunts.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I did the math on it and I got 50 more points than the value for each one of those picks.

Williams can be a hidden gem out of this draft.  I know @43M doesn't like these mocks but it's fun sometimes to do these split leaning heavy one way or another.  I really like our future of the offense with the offensive heavy, then 2024 FA we can use our cap space to go get some guys there.  But at the same time that Branch, Carter, Williams, Benton start can be one of those cornerstone of a defense for a decade.

Its not so much I dont like those mocks and more to do with hating the thought of us drafting offense with the first four picks this year with mostly players Im not particularly high on in general.