2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

rebound at the 5 position. being a ridiculous presence on the court. trust the human more to develop to the max. not that i dont think jaren's a guy that's gonna work to get better, i like him too. bamba i like more in that regard. if we take JJJ, he's starting at the 5. i'm not pointing out anything that's not obvious and been said a 100 times, but he's soft inside a lot. i prefer him at the 4 & don't come at me with "but modern nba" talk, i get it.  bamba fits at the 5 better and i think he's just a more impactful player. i like jaren too. bamba's got it going on mentally.  

Eh, Bamba is intriguing as all hell but JJJ's profile is literally the ideal big man in today's NBA. Still, no matter your preference, the difference between the two is not Chandler Parsons' contract.

Trade Vuc elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

im not "quick to dump it". just pointing out that that's a positive in the deal. the contracts aren't "irrelevant".. it's the main talking point and why we'd be moving up in the draft giving up nothing of positive value really lol. it kills any flexibility in team building. no stars are coming here.. this is our only avenue to to do this. we've had plenty of consolation prizes. that's why we don't win games. i dunno i disagree w/ you guys. if you think of bamba as a franchise talent (which bko thinks JJ is better... so yes.. there's no value in the trade if you think that), then makes the moves to get a franchise guy we haven't had in like 7 years or whatever. 

I feel you my dude. I just feel like the positive of getting rid of DJ’s bad contract is outweighed by adding Parsons awful contract. Then to throw Vuc in there too who imo has good value to a team with a winning culture that needs a big, or to a team looking to free up cap space for next offseason with his expiring contract....it’s just too much to me to only move up 2 spots to assure we get Bamba when there’s still a chance he could fall to us anyways. We could get a very similar player in JJJ if he is taken, or have our pick of the litter at pg.

Last one, methinks...

1. Phoenix Suns - DeAndre Ayton | C | Arizona
2. Sacramento Kings - Marvin Bagley III | FC | Duke
3. Atlanta Hawks - Luka Doncic | G | Real Madrid
4. Memphis Grizzlies - Mikal Bridges | GF | Villanova
5. Dallas Mavericks - Jaren Jackson Jr | FC | Michigan State
6. Orlando Magic - Mo Bamba | C | Texas
7. Chicago Bulls - Trae Young | PG | Oklahoma
8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via BKN) - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander | PG | Kentucky
9. New York Knicks - Kevin Knox | SF | Kentucky
10. Philadelphia 76ers (via LAL) - Michael Porter Jr | F | Missouri
11. Charlotte Hornets - Collin Sexton | G | Alabama
12. Los Angeles Clippers (via DET) - Wendell Carter Jr | C | Duke
13. Los Angeles Clippers - Lonnie Walker IV | SG | Miami (FL)
14. Denver Nuggets - Miles Bridges | F | Michigan State
15. Washington Wizards - Mitchell Robinson | C | Chalmette HS
16. Phoenix Suns (via MIA) - Elie Okobo | PG | Élan Béarnais Pau-Lacq-Orthez
17. Milwaukee Bucks - Kevin Huerter | F | Maryland
18. San Antonio Spurs - Robert Williams | C | Texas A&M
19. Atlanta Hawks (via MIN) - Zhaire Smith | SG | Texas Tech
20. Minnesota Timberwolves (via OKC) - Khyri Thomas | SG | Creighton
21. Utah Jazz - Keita Bates-Diop | F | Ohio State
22. Chicago Bulls (via NOP) - Chandler Hutchison | SF | Boise State
23. Indiana Pacers - Rawle Alkins | SG | Arizona
24. Portland Trail Blazers - Donte DiVincenzo | SG | Villanova
25. Los Angeles Lakers (via CLE) - Gary Trent Jr | SG | Duke
26. Philadelphia 76ers - Josh Okogie | SG | Georgia Tech
27. Boston Celtics - Dzanan Musa | SF | KK Cedevita
28. Golden State Warriors - Landry Shamet | PG | Wichita State
29. Brooklyn Nets (via TOR) - Omari Spellman | FC | Villanova
30. Atlanta Hawks (via HOU) - Jacob Evans | SF | Cincinnati

many a times im bull****ting on here barely thinking and saying **** and then wind up in a debate where i actually gotta like think and defend the stances i took when i was half asleep/not sober. i still stand by the idea of agreeing to that trade, but i wasn't like hopping on that ****. and get what yall are saying. if i had to actually sit on it and make a decision i might not. i just want a building block. i wannnna feeeel goooood :halle berry gif: 

7 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

many a times im bull****ting on here barely thinking and saying **** and then wind up in a debate where i actually gotta like think and defend the stances i took when i was half asleep/not sober. i still stand by the idea of agreeing to that trade, but i wasn't like hopping on that ****. and get what yall are saying. if i had to actually sit on it and make a decision i might not. i just want a building block. i wannnna feeeel goooood :halle berry gif: 

DYwbKCbWAAA-wXb.jpg

1470094962320.jpg

3 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Honestly, after thinking more about this, I think you're being too harsh on Okobo. LIS, he's lazy on that end but he's not incompetent there. He's shown some serious flashes on the defensive end so he's proven he's not inept. I just think he gives up on the play too early instead of fighting to get back into an advantageous defensive position. He's never going to be an all-NBA level defender but he's definitely not the worst defender in this draft. Lazy as hell at times, but not horrible. Robinson is just completely inept there. I think it's a no doubter that Robinson is the worst defender in the draft. 

I'm also saying this because there's a legitimate chance Okobo is the Bucks pick at 17 lol. 

Okobo has way too much helium tbh. I don't get it. I think it might be because of his 40-whatever point game. People who like him will point to the offense and scoring ability, with the athleticism and length. I see a scorer who needs the ball in his hands to succeed, doesn't create for his teammates, doesn't want to defend, doesn't have the foot speed to defend, and has a low bball IQ. For your sake, I hope he's not the Bucks pick.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Okobo has way too much helium tbh. I don't get it. I think it might be because of his 40-whatever point game. People who like him will point to the offense and scoring ability, with the athleticism and length. I see a scorer who needs the ball in his hands to succeed, doesn't create for his teammates, doesn't want to defend, doesn't have the foot speed to defend, and has a low bball IQ. For your sake, I hope he's not the Bucks pick.

Eh, I don't think he has a low BBIQ. I think he's just new to being a primary ballhandler and was asked to be the best player on his team, which isn't necessarily the role he'd play in Milwaukee. We have Giannis and even Middleton to do it. We need his off the dribble shooting ability far more than anything else. I think he'd thrive in Milwaukee tbh. It's almost the perfect fit for him in the range that he's projected. Also, he's been fine in the past in an off-the-ball role. I'm not worried about him.

48 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

JJJ will be better than Bamba. That's why there's zero incentive to take on that albatross of a contract. JJJ is in the top tier of this class while Bamba is a bit lower. I know Bamba's shot blocking and length are tantalizing but JJJ literally has the highest potential of anyone in this class. His floor is pretty damn safe as well IMO.

The more I watch JJJ, the more my fear grows. His shot is just so ugly and I keep seeing Myles Turner.

23 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Last one, methinks...

1. Phoenix Suns - DeAndre Ayton | C | Arizona
2. Sacramento Kings - Marvin Bagley III | FC | Duke
3. Atlanta Hawks - Luka Doncic | G | Real Madrid
4. Memphis Grizzlies - Mikal Bridges | GF | Villanova
5. Dallas Mavericks - Jaren Jackson Jr | FC | Michigan State
6. Orlando Magic - Mo Bamba | C | Texas
7. Chicago Bulls - Trae Young | PG | Oklahoma
8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via BKN) - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander | PG | Kentucky
9. New York Knicks - Kevin Knox | SF | Kentucky
10. Philadelphia 76ers (via LAL) - Michael Porter Jr | F | Missouri
11. Charlotte Hornets - Collin Sexton | G | Alabama
12. Los Angeles Clippers (via DET) - Wendell Carter Jr | C | Duke
13. Los Angeles Clippers - Lonnie Walker IV | SG | Miami (FL)
14. Denver Nuggets - Miles Bridges | F | Michigan State
15. Washington Wizards - Mitchell Robinson | C | Chalmette HS
16. Phoenix Suns (via MIA) - Elie Okobo | PG | Élan Béarnais Pau-Lacq-Orthez
17. Milwaukee Bucks - Kevin Huerter | F | Maryland
18. San Antonio Spurs - Robert Williams | C | Texas A&M
19. Atlanta Hawks (via MIN) - Zhaire Smith | SG | Texas Tech
20. Minnesota Timberwolves (via OKC) - Khyri Thomas | SG | Creighton
21. Utah Jazz - Keita Bates-Diop | F | Ohio State
22. Chicago Bulls (via NOP) - Chandler Hutchison | SF | Boise State
23. Indiana Pacers - Rawle Alkins | SG | Arizona
24. Portland Trail Blazers - Donte DiVincenzo | SG | Villanova
25. Los Angeles Lakers (via CLE) - Gary Trent Jr | SG | Duke
26. Philadelphia 76ers - Josh Okogie | SG | Georgia Tech
27. Boston Celtics - Dzanan Musa | SF | KK Cedevita
28. Golden State Warriors - Landry Shamet | PG | Wichita State
29. Brooklyn Nets (via TOR) - Omari Spellman | FC | Villanova
30. Atlanta Hawks (via HOU) - Jacob Evans | SF | Cincinnati

I miss being able to post these and my ranks.

Okobo and Giannis in the PnR would be a beaut to watch. You sag off Okobo and he buries a 3. You press him and he can get to the lane or pass it to Giannis on the roll. Seriously, Milwaukee is probably the ideal fit for Okobo despite his "weaknesses" which I think you may be exaggerating on a bit.

5 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

@utley4568 you got a personal big board or anything man? im curious to see your takes. 

Can't post till after the draft. Would gladly post my top 30 friday tho. Maybe Saturday depending on how I take the day off.

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Eh, I don't think he has a low BBIQ. I think he's just new to being a primary ballhandler and was asked to be the best player on his team, which isn't necessarily the role he'd play in Milwaukee. We have Giannis and even Middleton to do it. We need his off the dribble shooting ability far more than anything else. I think he'd thrive in Milwaukee tbh. It's almost the perfect fit for him in the range that he's projected. Also, he's been fine in the past in an off-the-ball role. I'm not worried about him.

Sorry, meant to say defensive IQ. He's fine offensively in that regard. He's maxed out to me, which is not something I want from a euro prospect. There are a few guys I'd prefer in that range for scoring ability.

Archived