2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

Omg that Parsons contract is horrrrrrible lol. I couldn’t imagine having 42 mil wrapped up in him and Biyombo, but that would be a lot of money we would free up in 2020-21. I wonder what deals could be whipped up between Orlando and Memphis. I will say though that I’m not too keen on taking on Parsons just to move up 2 spots. Bamba, Young, and Sexton may all still be available at 6 and I would be fine with either 3. I don’t see Doncic falling past Atlanta, who is the only player I would be interested in moving up for, and even if he was available I don’t think I would make that move.

35 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

there's been a lot of MEM/ORL trade rumors. most of them swapping 4/6, having parsons come to ORL and then a variety of other **** occurring. i think it makes sense for both teams. 

#4 and Parsons for #6, Augustin, and Vucevic/Ross.

Just now, dtait93 said:

Hell no.

augustin contract is ****. 
parsons deal is 2 more years... we're not signing anyone good/competing anyway. he grew up a magic fan. he won't cause any problems. 
secure bamba
move on from vuc who kills my interest in watching ORL games

i'd say absolutely. i want no player in this draft more than bamba. we're essentially moving up to 1 in my eyes just by swapping bad contracts.. one kinda bad one w/ the worst one in the league... but... it's 2 years. 

if that was on the table and we didn't do it, i'd be disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

You don't take on Chandler Parsons' contract to move up 2 spots. Hell, the only time I'd take on his contract is if I'm outside the lottery moving up. Otherwise, there's zero incentive to doing it.

i feel you if i didn't value bamba as highly as i do. i'll stomach it to get him on the team w/ isaac and gordon. 

3 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i feel you if i didn't value bamba as highly as i do. i'll stomach it to get him on the team w/ isaac and gordon. 

Well, if Memphis lets JJJ and Bamba dictate where they go, then you're getting one of them at 6 anyways. There's literally zero incentive to taking on Parsons then. I'd rather force Memphis' hand at 4 than bail them out like that.

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Well, if Memphis lets JJJ and Bamba dictate where they go, then you're getting one of them at 6 anyways. There's literally zero incentive to taking on Parsons then. I'd rather force Memphis' hand at 4 than bail them out like that.

bamba is like a tier above JJJ in my eyes. i really doubt DAL would pass on him... what do you mean "zero" incentive? you secure the guy you want. if they want him/value him super high. 

JJJ is cool. bamba is everything i want. Isaac/Gordon/Bamba is such a wicked defensive front court. JJJ would fit at the 5 too, i get that. but bamba... 

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

bamba is like a tier above JJJ in my eyes. i really doubt DAL would pass on him... what do you mean "zero" incentive? you secure the guy you want. if they want him/value him super high. 

JJJ is cool. bamba is everything i want. Isaac/Gordon/Bamba is such a wicked defensive front court. JJJ would fit at the 5 too, i get that. but bamba... 

JJJ will be better than Bamba. That's why there's zero incentive to take on that albatross of a contract. JJJ is in the top tier of this class while Bamba is a bit lower. I know Bamba's shot blocking and length are tantalizing but JJJ literally has the highest potential of anyone in this class. His floor is pretty damn safe as well IMO.

8 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

augustin contract is ****. 
parsons deal is 2 more years... we're not signing anyone good/competing anyway. he grew up a magic fan. he won't cause any problems. 
secure bamba
move on from vuc who kills my interest in watching ORL games

i'd say absolutely. i want no player in this draft more than bamba. we're essentially moving up to 1 in my eyes just by swapping bad contracts.. one kinda bad one w/ the worst one in the league... but... it's 2 years. 

if that was on the table and we didn't do it, i'd be disappointed. 

If we’re not competing anyways why are you so quick to dump DJ’s bad contract for Parsons dog **** contract? Shouldn’t both of their contracts be irrelevant then? Vuc kills your interest, but trotting Mack out there as our starter again would do the exact same thing. Atleast DJ is a decent back up. I’m just as high on Bamba as you are but I think there’s a really good chance he falls to us and Young or Sexton would still be a great consolation prize. We can get more for Vuc who is an expiring contract and would be a good starting center on a team that doesn’t have an established losing culture. We could get a better package for #6, Vuc, and DJ than moving up 2 spots and getting Parsons who is hurt all the time and still getting paid $25 mil.

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

nah

Outside of shot blocking, which Jackson is no slouch at, what does Bamba do better?

We're talking about a legit 7 footer that can defend the perimeter on switches, can protect the rim, rebound and shoot at a high clip from 3. Outside of the jaw dropping length for Bamba, there's almost no reason to prefer him to JJJ. Oh and JJJ is 18 until September. Bamba is 20 already.

Just now, dtait93 said:

If we’re not competing anyways why are you so quick to dump DJ’s bad contract for Parsons dog **** contract? Shouldn’t both of their contracts be irrelevant then? Vuc kills your interest, but trotting Mack out there as our starter again would do the exact same thing. Atleast DJ is a decent back up. I’m just as high on Bamba as you are but I think there’s a really good chance he falls to us and Young or Sexton would still be a great consolation prize. We can get more for Vuc who is an expiring contract and would be a good starting center on a team that doesn’t have an established losing culture. We could get a better package for #6, Vuc, and DJ than moving up 2 spots and getting Parsons who is hurt all the time and still getting paid $25 mil.

im not "quick to dump it". just pointing out that that's a positive in the deal. the contracts aren't "irrelevant".. it's the main talking point and why we'd be moving up in the draft giving up nothing of positive value really lol. it kills any flexibility in team building. no stars are coming here.. this is our only avenue to to do this. we've had plenty of consolation prizes. that's why we don't win games. i dunno i disagree w/ you guys. if you think of bamba as a franchise talent (which bko thinks JJ is better... so yes.. there's no value in the trade if you think that), then makes the moves to get a franchise guy we haven't had in like 7 years or whatever. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Outside of shot blocking, which Jackson is no slouch at, what does Bamba do better?

We're talking about a legit 7 footer that can defend the perimeter on switches, can protect the rim, rebound and shoot at a high clip from 3. Outside of the jaw dropping length for Bamba, there's almost no reason to prefer him to JJJ. Oh and JJJ is 18 until September. Bamba is 20 already.

rebound at the 5 position. being a ridiculous presence on the court. trust the human more to develop to the max. not that i dont think jaren's a guy that's gonna work to get better, i like him too. bamba i like more in that regard. if we take JJJ, he's starting at the 5. i'm not pointing out anything that's not obvious and been said a 100 times, but he's soft inside a lot. i prefer him at the 4 & don't come at me with "but modern nba" talk, i get it.  bamba fits at the 5 better and i think he's just a more impactful player. i like jaren too. bamba's got it going on mentally.  

Archived