You are required to sign one to a 2023 one year deal worth 11 million. Who are you taking?   

dll2000

You are required to sign one to a 2023 one year deal worth 11 million. Who are you taking?      

15 members have voted

1. 1. You are required to sign one to a 2023 one year deal worth 11 million. Who are you taking? 

• Khalil Mack
    • Robert Quinn
    • Allen Robinson
    • Leonard Floyd

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2023 at 03:51 AM

Floyd had better numbers than any of them last year even without Aaron Donald out there and is younger and healthier.   

Quinn is good every other year and just had a bad year.  Their last year together Quinn played better than Mack.  

A Rob - not sure what happened to him last two years.   

Mack is best of bunch at his best, but is his best behind him?

Maybe not so cut and dry.  

If for one year, Mack. At minimum you have a mentor for Anderson/Carter/Wilson/Murphy.

I did kind of struggle with this one. I wonder how Floyd would do in the WILL role. Could use him there and focus bigger money on trench players that aren't one year stopgaps. Clearly not the norm but I think he is better off-ball and can blitz from back there.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

If for one year, Mack. At minimum you have a mentor for Anderson/Carter/Wilson/Murphy.

I did kind of struggle with this one. I wonder how Floyd would do in the WILL role. Could use him there and focus bigger money on trench players that aren't one year stopgaps. Clearly not the norm but I think he is better off-ball and can blitz from back there.

I can’t imagine Floyd would take a WLB role when he’s been a consistently productive 3-4 edge rusher in LA (29 sacks the past 3 years, and never less than 9). That should pay him far more on the open market. Especially this market. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I can’t imagine Floyd would take a WLB role when he’s been a consistently productive 3-4 edge rusher in LA (29 sacks the past 3 years, and never less than 9). That should pay him far more on the open market. Especially this market. 

Right, it would essentially be putting the WILL as a primary rusher if he was here.

Regardless the Bears should have re-signed him rather than DT. He and Smith could have been a hellish duo inside while Mack and Quinn were rushing.

I do think many, if not most, GMs would actually take Floyd for the 1 year over Mack at this time.   If Floyd plays well you would look to keep him around and that is easier when he is on the team.  

Mack is on his last stint.  

We just remember Floyd as mostly disappointing and Mack as the man when healthy.

Most of us would take the chance that Mack could give it a one year hurrah at a high level of play for us.   

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I do think many, if not most, GMs would actually take Floyd for the 1 year over Mack at this time.   If Floyd plays well you would look to keep him around and that is easier when he is on the team.  

Mack is on his last stint.  

We just remember Floyd as mostly disappointing and Mack as the man when healthy.

Most of us would take the chance that Mack could give it a one year hurrah at a high level of play for us.   

I think a significant part of it is that a lot of us were happy when Floyd left. Mack’s departure was good for what we got for him, especially since there was writing on the wall, but it also marked the end of a period in which we thought we’d be better than we were. Many more people remember Mack’s impact fondly than floyd here. Floyd did have a couple decent years but it needs to be taken into account that some of it was spent with Donald next to him and Miller. If he came here and was surrounded by inferior talent and he gets doubled, his stats would be inferior to what he did for us years ago. 

• Like 1