If this is who is left at pick 26 who do you choose?

DaBoys

Assuming the other guys are already picked  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick if this was who was left?

• CB Deonte Banks
    • CB Emmanuel Forbes
    • CB Cam Smith
    • CB Kelee Ringo
    • CB Eli Ricks
    • CB Julius Brents
    • RB Bijon Robinson
    • RB Jahmyr Gibbs
    • WR Josh Downs
    • WR Jalin Hyatt
    • OG O’Cyrus Torrence
    • OG Steve Avila
    • DT Mazi Smith
    • DT Siaki Ika

21 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I suspect you’re going to end up with a fair amount of company by draft day.

I like them both but while I like Avila's versatility I have had visions of Torrence at LG and Tyler Smith at LT giving Dallas a modern day Shell and Upshaw.  That's a road grading left side of the OL.

On 3/12/2023 at 4:01 PM, Northland said:

I like them both but while I like Avila's versatility I have had visions of Torrence at LG and Tyler Smith at LT giving Dallas a modern day Shell and Upshaw.  That's a road grading left side of the OL.

You know I love Torrence. Thing is he played this last season at 349 lbs. then dropped to 337 lbs. for the senior bowl, then weighed in at the combine at 330. I understand why he did that. His main knock is that he is slow footed. He wanted to be more nimble and show teams he was capable of losing weight when needed. 

Avila actually weighed in the combine 2 pounds heavier at 332 lbs. , threw up 28 reps on the bench press, and still ran faster, jumped higher/further, and moved more agile than Torrence. Throw in the position flex capability and it’s really kind of a no brainer. 

But I love Torrence, and if I’m being honest 1 of these 2 guys are are my favorite scenario at 26. I just think Avila is the guy. 

Edited by DaBoys

On 3/11/2023 at 9:23 AM, DaBoys said:

You’re going to say all that and then advocate for a 1st round RB!? 

After everything you and I went through over Ramsey v Zeke you’re joining the dark side!? Come on, Tone. Get it together. 

Mayer is the exact same size and ran the exact same 40 as TJ Hockenson who was drafted 8th overall. I didn’t include Mayer on this list because I don’t even expect him to be there at 26. If he is I hope we draft Torrence or Forbes or Avila or Cam Smith or Hyatt but I won’t cry over Mayer getting picked at 26 because he’s a good player. 

Hock had over 900 yards and 6 TDs this season. One of those TDs was against Dallas. 

This is true. I think I’m so out on our QB that I’m convinced that Dallas drafting another 1st round RB would help him out more than a TE.

Unlike Ramsey vs. Zeke, the Cowboys wouldn’t be taking the worse player #4 overall. A shutdown corner is always better than an elite RB.  But an elite RB vs. a good TE is a tough decision imo. Can we at least agree that Bijan as a prospect is better than Mayer?

I agree that Torrence, Forbes, Avila, Mazi, would be the better options for our team. I even like Calijah Kancey, even though he’s undersized. A elite penetrating DT would be nice to have.

Edited by Tony7188

14 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

This is true. I think I’m so out on our QB that I’m convinced that Dallas drafting another 1st round RB would help him out more than a TE.

Unlike Ramsey vs. Zeke, the Cowboys wouldn’t be taking the worse player #4 overall. A shutdown corner is always better than an elite RB.  But an elite RB vs. a good TE is a tough decision imo. Can we at least agree that Bijan as a prospect is better than Mayer?

I agree that Torrence, Forbes, Avila, Mazi, would be the better options for our team. I even like Calijah Kancey, even though he’s undersized. A elite penetrating DT would be nice to have.

I agree Bijon as a prospect has a higher floor and higher ceiling than Mayer.

Kancey will be a top 20 pick. He’s him. The next Aaron Donald. No doubt in my mind. Would be lucky to draft him. Way better than Mazi or Ika. 

Edited by DaBoys

On 3/12/2023 at 3:27 PM, DaBoys said:

You know I love Torrence. Thing is he played this last season at 349 lbs. then dropped to 337 lbs. for the senior bowl, then weighed in at the combine at 330. I understand why he did that. His main knock is that he is slow footed. He wanted to he more nimble and show trams he was capable of losing weight when needed. 

Avila actually weighed in the combine 2 pounds heavier at 332 lbs. , threw up 28 reps on the bench press, and still ran faster, jumped higher/further, and moved more agile than Torrence. Throw in the position flex capability and it’s really kind of a no brainer. 

But I love Torrence, and if I’m being honest 1 of these 2 guys are are my favorite scenario at 26. I just think Avila is the guy. 

Some boards have Avila lasting into the second though I do like what I see.  My worry about going OL is the quality of WR drops quickly after the first 4

40 minutes ago, quiller said:

Some boards have Avila lasting into the second though I do like what I see.  My worry about going OL is the quality of WR drops quickly after the first 4

I think the quality of WR drops after JSN and Flowers are gone. Not a fan of Addison. I thought Hyatt was nice, but his combine was meh. And I think Johnston is going to be a bust tbh. I like the rd 2-3 guys like Tank Dell, Josh Downs, and Marvin Mims. 

But to be perfectly honest, I’m a trench guy. Always have been. I’m the guy that picked Andrew Billings 4th overall over Zeke in TCMD back in 2016. I’m not proud of it but I’m a sucker for big guys on the line. Give me Torrence or Avila at 26 and either trade 58 for DHop or pick Dell, Downs, or Mims there. Easy decision 

Edited by DaBoys

Do not like the scenario, so i would look to make a trade. if i cannot, then Id take Bijon. While the other positions are of greater need, Bijon is by far the best talent on that list. I take the best talent over the bigger need every day of the week. Thats how you sustain a franchise, anyway. drafting on need and ignoring the clearly better talent is how you end up with Taco Charlton over TJ Watt (that was more based on system, but its fhe same point)

10 hours ago, quiller said:

Problem with this statement is that it puts too much stock into a position we feel we have a need (long as gallup keeps returning to his old self, it shouldnt be that big of a need anyway) and ignores the clearly better prospect. The late first OL prospects, especially interior guys, would be upper tier first round picks if the draft wasnt so top heavy at the more glamour-filled positions, or as deep at OL as it is. I would happily pass on a "one of the next set of best WRs" for one of the "best talents in the draft" regardless of position. Needs have to be filled but not at the expense of passing on better players to do it.

and with Dak nearing the end of his massive contract, if that better player period is a QB...you take him. If that better player is a safety and you just paid Wilson...take him anyway. You find a place for them once you are in camp. just collect the better players and good things happen.

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think the quality of WR drops after JSN and Flowers are gone. Not a fan of Addison. I thought Hyatt was nice, but his combine was meh. And I think Johnston is going to be a bust tbh. I like the rd 2-3 guys like Tank Dell, Josh Downs, and Marvin Mims. 

But to be perfectly honest, I’m a trench guy. Always have been. I’m the guy that picked Andrew Billings 4th overall over Zeke in TCMD back in 2016. I’m not proud of it but I’m a sucker for big guys on the line. Give me Torrence or Avila at 26 and either trade 58 for DHop or pick Dell, Downs, or Mims there. Easy decision 

Id happily trade 58 for Hopkins! Mims we could probably get for a fourth...fan of the talent, size, all that. But the production isnt there to justify a 2nd