If this is who is left at pick 26 who do you choose?

DaBoys

Assuming the other guys are already picked  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick if this was who was left?

• CB Deonte Banks
    • CB Emmanuel Forbes
    • CB Cam Smith
    • CB Kelee Ringo
    • CB Eli Ricks
    • CB Julius Brents
    • RB Bijon Robinson
    • RB Jahmyr Gibbs
    • WR Josh Downs
    • WR Jalin Hyatt
    • OG O’Cyrus Torrence
    • OG Steve Avila
    • DT Mazi Smith
    • DT Siaki Ika

This is a good list of names, woul be great to land two players from it.

I put Banks, but I’m not super convicted about these corners. Will McClay and Dan Quinn signing off on one vs. the rest would be enough for me right now.

I was tempted by Mazi, but will wait to see his pro day. Siaki Ika test himself out of round one. I still like the player, but I guess he’s not quite a dancing gorilla I thought he was.

WR, OG, and RB options seem ok, but underwhelming. Would be a lot more ok with one of those guys in a trade back scenario.

I take Torrence or Mazi Smith.  Want to see Smith's pro day.  Great line play covers up a lot of sins.

It's a deep draft for corners and running backs.  That being said I think Dallas would go Bijan given the value he would represent and the need he would fill.

41 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Do people not like Ika anymore or are we just rejecting the idea of Dallas taking a NT in the first out of hand

If the latter is the case then you might’ve listed Mayer and Kincaid there instead of the two DTs

I think people were expecting a Dontari Poe type combine but got the combine you’d expect from a guy his size. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think people were expecting a Dontari Poe type combine but got the combine you’d expect from a guy his size. 

Makes sense. To be fair that is how such a player winds up available at 26 at all instead of the 7-15ish range like Poe, Vea, Jordan Davis etc

In any case it would be very Cowboys of us to take our 1st or 2nd ranked TE over our 4th or 5th ranked WR/CB/EDGE. Bijan won’t be there if he’s as good as purported.

It’s early and a lot can change, but as of right now I would think a stud OG would be the one thing to potentially dissuade us from taking Mayer/Kincaid. I bet our team came away from our loss to SF and the KC/PHI Super Bowl thinking one of the main things distinguishing those teams from ours is elite TE play

• Like 1