2023 NFL offseason

Forge

32 minutes ago, Jlooney1126 said:

Maybe I am one of the ones that is in the minority here.  I really did not want Moseley back unless it was an average of 3M a year.  Now granted his salary is not hefty at 6M but how healthy is that knee he has?  Lenoir played decently.  The consensus is wanting Lenoir back in the slot and I understand but we do have 11 draft picks coming up.  Plus if we get a comp for Moseley then hey more draft capital for a guy coming off a significant injury, then kudos.  I'd rather turn to the draft and see if we can find one.  Not to mention maybe we are thinking Womack at slot and leave Lenoir outside.  That's just me. I'd like to see Womack with a year under his belt.  

It's an ACL tear. Pretty common at this point, I don't really have any reason to think it has detrimental long term impact any more. Recoveries like McKinnon's are the exception, not the rule. 

This teams definitely needs another two corners I think  and definitely one who can start when needed.  Ambry Thomas isn't guaranteed a roster spot last year and Lenoir was okay. Ward never gets through a season fully healthy and our starting slot corner is also gone. Moselely is a legit good starting corner that is on a bargain one year deal. I'd risk that every day.

You'd like to have 3 guys that you feel comfortable starting at any given time, so need to add one there....and then add another who can compete with Womack and Thomas who may even be able to push one off the roster. 

So CB room is Mooney/Lenoir/Thomas/Womack? 

I'd guess we sign a bargain bin FA sometime in the next week & maybe draft one in the 3rd

DT, FS & C are knocked down the list with the signings/re-signings, so i guess DE, CB, TE would be the top 3 positions targeted

Edited by 49ersfan

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's an ACL tear. Pretty common at this point, I don't really have any reason to think it has detrimental long term impact any more. Recoveries like McKinnon's are the exception, not the rule. 

This teams definitely needs another two corners I think  and definitely one who can start when needed.  Ambry Thomas isn't guaranteed a roster spot last year and Lenoir was okay. Ward never gets through a season fully healthy and our starting slot corner is also gone. Moselely is a legit good starting corner that is on a bargain one year deal. I'd risk that every day.

You'd like to have 3 guys that you feel comfortable starting at any given time, so need to add one there....and then add another who can compete with Womack and Thomas who may even be able to push one off the roster. 

I agree it's a common injury these days.  I think if there was a market for Moseley then you let him walk which is exactly what happened.  Try and hope for a comp out of it and move forward.  

There are still plenty of CB's out there and yeah Thomas unfortunately took a large step back from the end of 2021.  Lenoir was serviceable and played decently.  Yes, he had his goof ups but he was the 2nd corner.  Let's see what Lenoir does with another year under his belt.  Again, I want to see Womack and what step forward he takes.  They definitely need draft two this year again which hopefully will shore up that area.  I feel we need to continue to push the gas on the pass rush. 

22 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lions just signed Moseley, wonder if they trade Jeff Okudah.

Gilmore! Would have loved to get Gilmore but with his contract, I understand why it could not happen.

I would like to trade one of our picks for a veteran proven player though. 

20 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

DE

I think they end up signing bargain bin player who's market wasn't there to a under value price. Allows for Jackson to compete. I'd still take an edge but idk if it's important early on to take one. Think we end up drafting a tackle, TE and S in the first 3 picks. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I wonder what it would take to trade for k'lavon chaisson. Has 3 sacks in his career. Last year of his deal. I'm assuming his 5th year will be denied. Can a late-round pick bring him in?

Javon Kinlaw 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Sad to see Moseley go, but I think they are putting a lot of trust in Lenoir. He played well down the stretch, plus I have a strong feeling we are going to go after someone big to fill the nickel. Maybe CJ Gardner-Johnson. 

CGJ would be cool. Given how soft the corner and safety market have been so far, I feel like maybe that is a more realistic possibility than I had originally credited it with being.