2023 NFL offseason

Forge

23 hours ago, N4L said:

I think the eagles complaints are delicious, but also valid. That field was garbage and it was particularly terrible in areas with paint. It definitely affected the game lol 

This is sour grapes, but aside from the Purdy injury I'd much rather have things turn out the way they did than have to watch another Super Bowl loss to the Chiefs because of the defense slipping on that field all game. Plus, with our injury luck someone important probably blows out their knee and misses all of this year.

On 7/6/2023 at 3:39 PM, jonnguy2015 said:

This is sour grapes, but aside from the Purdy injury I'd much rather have things turn out the way they did than have to watch another Super Bowl loss to the Chiefs because of the defense slipping on that field all game. Plus, with our injury luck someone important probably blows out their knee and misses all of this year.

I just cant get behind this, unfortunately. 

Give me one more game of 49er football, always and forever. 

It is refreshing to not have lost to the eventual champions though. Every playoff loss of my adult life has been to the eventual champs (giants, ravens, seahawks, chiefs, rams) until last year. It definitely took some sting away from the eagles loss, because I cant say we would have beaten KC or not. I will go to my grave saying we beat the pats, broncos, and bengals (the AFC teams in the SB the years we lost the NFCCG) in 2011, 2013, and 2021, but it is a lot harder to make that argument after last year. 

Also, being scared of a catastrophic injury shouldn't be part of your argument considering our starting QB did suffer a catastrophic injury. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adamq said:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams-eagerly-tried-to-trade-matthew-stafford-per-report

Not sure how reliable Michael Lombardi is, but this would track with the rest of the moves (or lack thereof) made by them

Makes sense, they won a SB and now are going with the youth movement. Donald is going to retire soon himself so time to turn the page on this era and move on to the next. Very hard contract to move though. 

I wouldn't say "the playcallers" audio blog was revolutionary on the athletic but it was interesting. Its all about the Shanahan coaching tree and has interviews with Sean McVay, Kyle, Mike McDaniels, Matt Lefluer, Robert Saleh, Robert Griffen and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. It more closely follows the rams than the niners I'd say just because the person who came up with it is a beat reporter for the Rams and had the most access there, but there is a fair amount of niners content. I listened to roughly all 4 plus hours yesterday. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...